Friday, August 04, 2006

Nerves and plant roots

Ok, now I'm getting nervous about the impending job interview! It's only a few days away and I haven't put together an outfit nor practiced yet. I'll have to dedicate most of the weekend to doing that. In order to calm my nerves I'm telling myself that I already have a good paying job with benefits, it's not like I NEED this job. Hopefully that will work during the interview, too. It's been so long that I don't think they interview one-on-one anymore but as a whole interview team. What sorts of questions do they ask? I can go on Monster and some other job-related Web sites and look that up, I guess.

I stopped at the farmer's market after work and the parking lot was empty! Was it Thursday from 2:00-4:00 or on Wednesday? Bet it was Wednesday and I missed it. I was very disappointed as I had my heart set on getting some of the pretty potted flowers to plant in my newly renovated front garden. There is a farmer's market on Saturday in the city where I work, but it's early, at 7:00 AM if you want to get anything worthwhile. I get up very early during the week but not on Saturdays (or Sundays)if I can help it! Might have to make an exception, as I really really want some flowers to plant!

Last night I planted the pepper plant into the small back garden. This plant is from my garden in the country. I took it in for the winter and it survived just fine in a pot. It's a little wilted out there in the garden right now, even though I watered it twice. It was difficult to get out of the pot and I suppose I knocked off too much dirt from the roots. Hope it lives as I'm fond of that plant and it had flowers on it again. But then the herb plants are a bit wilted, too, from the shock of transplanting them. I really hope they all recover.

I have a willow cutting with roots in a glass. I got it from a dropped twig of one of my favorite trees in the downtown of the city where I work. I had an inkling last fall that the tree might be going, so picked up the twig and nursed it in my office all winter. When I no longer had an office, I brought it home. The poor tree, which had been growing there since I remember was plowed over for a parking lot early this summer. The little twig with roots is all that is left of it so I want to find a nice place in the yard to plant it.

I love trees and am sentimental about them. Once or twice a year I drive by my former house in town. I'm checking to make sure my cherry tree and all the lovely lilacs and mountain ash that I planted are still doing well. They are, so far.

Well, it's Friday and Friday means that a weekend is coming soon! Have a good day and a great weekend!

9 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I LOVE willow tress...they're so pretty! And I'd have a yard full of plants if "someone" would let me plant them!

Have a terrific weekend! :)

6:58 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Just get drunk before the interview so you'll feel nice and relaxed. Don't forget your police training.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Have a great weekend and goodluck on the job interview! :)

5:44 PM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

Everyday should a Saturday, right?! Anyone oppose to that idea? Hehehe I hate Sunday cos you have to work the very next day... SIGHS

6:09 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i never bring plants in at wintertime and mine seem to have become hardy, although we don't really get the winters like you do...

and kiwi loves anything, biscuits, frozen peas, she loved sitting on my hand and eating the icing from the cupcake and the little bit of sponge i let her have...she is so spoilt...

hope you manage to get some flowers, have a great weekend...

:0)

2:27 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Looks like I have some catching up to do!

I hope the interview goes well!!

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure the interview will go well. I shall keep my fingers crossed for you. Hope you had a great weekend.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

I bet you will do just fine on the interview.
You know how to dealk with people, yuou have been taking care of the lot you are working for now.

I wish I could put some lilacs out front but I dont have the space.
Just one of the things I hate about living inthe core of the city but have had success with growing fruit trees inside, I just got a pink lemon tree that growqs pink lemons.
I am still looking for that $100 money tree though so if you hear anything give me a shout :)
Enjoy your Sunday

12:43 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Good vibes on the west coast for your interview.

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home