Thursday, August 03, 2006

Return of the missing rocks

I managed to call the interviewing, er, the meeting place and confirm the date and time. The office was busy as another person from HQ was here to do a workshop and then an info session for staff. All that stuff lasted from 12:00 until well after 4:00 (the time I'm supposed to go home, in fact I've been written up for NOT leaving work on time!) So I worked ten hours yesterday and will be paid for eight. But BZ is very good about moving time around when necessary. I can use those two hours, plus the others I'm accruing on this payperiod to take Tuesday morning off. The only problem being is that all my co-workers will be gone at a meeting in another city that day, so it's awkward to ask for that time off when they need someone at the office. But oh well, I'll figure out some way. Probably I'll ask very last minute, when everyone is in a flurry so BZ or anyone else won't ask why I need the morning off!

I came home and planted my Hen 'n Chicks plants and the little herbs I'd bought at the farmer's market last week. In fact the farmer's market was last Thursday, so I can stop again after work and buy some flower plants this time. While I was digging and planting, the two little neighbor boys from a few houses down came over on bike and big-wheel to see what I was doing. The older one confessed that they had taken some of the rocks from my garden. So the two boys made many trips to bring back the rocks. I had thought the garden was missing a few of the big decorative rocks!

When they were done ferrying rocks, they brought me some flowers! I was very pleased and was going to take them inside to put in a vase--but the little boys wanted me to PLANT them, so I did. Bet they're all wilted today, though.

After that I took The Claw and tackled the back garden. I didn't get done or even very far as it was difficult with my sore hand, even wearing gloves. It looks pretty good today, not so red around it. I think it's finally healing up. Soaking it in dishwater really helped I think! Have a great Thursday!

10 Comments:

Blogger Fizzy said...

How honest those boys were! I hope the flowers survive.
I also hope that you get the time off.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I love planting stuff...no matter if it's a flower or plant. :)

Glad to hear your hand is healing well! :)

7:08 AM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

Dishes as therapy. Somehoe I can't see that catching on as a popular remedy.

9:38 AM  
Blogger katie said...

That is great about the interview! If they give you any trouble tell them you have a Dr's appointment. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Somehow, this reminds me of the time BS made all the employees sit through a taped motivational speech and made them miss lunch so they could hear the message "Employees don't need money, just give them an attaboy and they'll be happy."

10:28 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

wow you are really motivated, and how honest of the boys, i love planting stuff, i wish i'd bothered to do the pumpkins this year...

glad to hear your hand is on the mend...

:0)

2:18 PM  
Blogger jen said...

How Sweet of the boys to bring you flowers!! That is just too cute.

Good luck with your time off. Sometimes it's just easier to work...:)

I love hens&chicks. I plant them every year, almost. They are perennials where I live, but I don't think they get enough sun as they die out every year. My mom planted a whole slew of those in a strawberry/terra cotta pot this year (you know, with the little holes on the side?). They look so cool in that planter!! I may have to steal those from her in fall and try again.
have a great night~

8:43 PM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

The claw! I haven't used a claw in years!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

What great little boys! Sounds as though the garden is all coming together :o)

1:13 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Loved the story of the boys and then the flowers...it would have made me misty.

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home