Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The grass still lives!

The grass still lives, my hand was too sore to wield The Claw even with a glove on. Normal bandaids aren't long enough but I had found a knuckle bandage in the first aid box at work. I had to wrap it diagonally to get the pad and not the sticky part on my wound. It worked fine until I was doing dishes at home last night and it fell off. I'll have to score another bandaid at work for today so I can write, open doors and turn keys--all things that are difficult to do left-handed.

Glad you all liked the Mother Theresa saying I posted on Saturday. Here's one that's much easier to do:
_______

Amanda sent me this one:
HOW TO FIND INNER PEACE

I am passing this on to you because it definitely worked for me and we all could use more calm in our lives. By following the simple advice I heard on a Dr. Phil show, I have finally found inner peace.

Dr. Phil proclaimed the way to achieve inner peace was to finish all the things you have started.

So I looked around my house to see things I started and hadn't finished; and before leaving the house this morning I finished a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of White Zinfandel, a bottle of Baileys, a bottle of Kahlua, a package of Oreos, the remainder of Valium prescriptions, the rest of the cheesecake, some Saltines and a box of chocolates.

You have no idea how freaking good I feel.

Please pass this on to those you feel are in need of inner peace.
_________

Oh, and the best thing that happened yesterday? I came home to a message on my phone asking me to call back for AN INTERVIEW!

This is the nearby place where I sent their application back hand-written, no cover letter and a preprinted resume that I had lying around. It might be tricky to call them back from the front desk but I'll find a way, maybe by referring to it as an "appointment" or a "meeting" so as not to trigger alarms. The interview will be 10:30 on August 8th so I have plenty of time to come up with a good outfit and shoes and to practice. I'm going to need the practice as I haven't had an interview for YEARS! I know that an interview certainly doesn't mean that I have the job, but it's a first step. Have a great day!

8 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Doing cartwheels for you over the interview PBS....very exciting!!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

yeah!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

Fingers crossed for you, girl!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

Good luck with the interview. Remember to end all sentences with the phrase "in accordance with prophecy."

2:21 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Good luck on the interview.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

woo hooo thats great news, see i had my fingers crossed all this time...

*hugs*

2:41 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Very happy for you! If this is what you want I hope it works out and you can have some peace in your job.

2:46 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Woo Hoo! Good job on getting the interview. Good luck on it.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home