Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Holidays!

Ah, I'm feeling much better about the impending move now. It really helps that I took Friday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday off from work as vacation days (today, Tuesday is a holiday.) I've been using up all of my vacation on moving, as this is the fourth time we've moved in five months!

First son and I moved to this three bedroom apartment in early February. That was a stressful and horrendous move as the house had to be completely cleared and cleaned. Then we moved my Mom to the apartment from her house out in the country, not a good move either. Then on May 10 we moved Mom out to a ground-level apartment, and now we will be moving to our new house on Wednesday. Just thought I'd wrap it all up for you so you could see the short timeline! Each of those times I took vacation days off from work.

During the past few days I've packed and taken many jeep-loads over to the house. Most of the stuff I've also unpacked and put away. After I set it up and turned it on I found out that the refrigerator that they so graciously allowed to stay with the house is a piece of junk. The rubber strip is torn and you can feel the cold from OUTSIDE the 'fridge! So yesterday I bought a new refrigerator. Yes, I know that one can have the rubber strip replaced but I'm not that damn poor (anymore) to have to do that! The refrigerator is rusty and old and I just plain don't want it to hold our food! The new 'fridge will be delivered on Friday and they will take the old icky one away, thank God.

That was crummy appliance #1. I took a load of clothes over to be washed yesterday as I fought with the head-high weeds and grass in the gardens outside. The washer worked just fine but I could not get the (stupid #^$*&^) dryer to stay on long enough to dry the clothes. Crummy appliance #2. I hope there aren't any more.

I was working in the garden when SLA came by. She's not seen the house before, so we went in and spent a pleasant few hours catching up while sitting on the deck. I needed the break after another busy day of lugging boxes and hacking weeds. I had to keep going back inside to re-start the dryer, and SLA tried to figure out how to keep it going but couldn't either. I ended up having to hang the still damp clothes to dry.

Then SLA and I went out to eat at Perkin's, which was really nice. I hadn't been out with her for a couple of months. The best part was that she had just received a PAYCHECK! Yes, she's working very part-time but that's good. (She paid for her own food, too, which was also good...) It was nice to see her, I've missed her.

Tomorrow is the move. Tomorrow! Happy Holidays to all of you US and Canada (July 1st)people! And a Totally Awesome Tuesday to everybody!

8 Comments:

Blogger Walker said...

I hope the move is problem free and quick.
Happy Fourth of July :D

1:44 PM  
Blogger dan said...

happy holidays

3:23 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

You sound much more relaxed and happier! Enjoy your national day, and as denny said, grab a hot dog or burger along the way!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Happy 4th of July.
Glad things are going better for you..

6:44 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Don't work too hard...Happy 4th to you and your family.

3:43 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i'm glad to hear you found a new place to live, hope the move goes smoothly...and i love perkins too, i can't wait for next year already...

and yay to the new fridge, its always nice to get new shiny appliances...

:0)

4:28 AM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

Have a good move!

7:17 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Have a good move, too bad about the appliances.

Let us know when your all settled!

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home