Saturday, June 10, 2006

The whole day

Even though I went to bed at nearly 3:00 a.m., I got up bright and early at 6:00 to start the day. Well, maybe not bright...anyway, I've already done some chores, including cleaning the ferrets' cage.

Today is the painting class I signed up for some time ago. The schedule said from 11:00 to 2:00, which sounded like a nice span of time but not the whole darn day. But just a few days ago I found out that we are to arrive early for the class at 10 to 10:30, and that the class usually doesn't get done until 5:00!!!! That's the entire flippin' day!

I suppose one could say that we're getting more for our money, but I don't see it that way. I like short segments of things--leaves time for other things--like I need to go see my Mom, wanted to go to the library for that hour before (I thought) class started. Getting done at 2:00 in the afternoon left time to go to a movie at the cheaper rate. There's many options of how to spend one of my precious days off. Spending the entire Saturday in a class wouldn't have been one of them, if I had known the REAL schedule.

The good part is I haven't taken an oil painting class before. So it should be fun and the price was inexpensive, even with materials included.

Oh, the funeral was very sad. Some of the family were crying and comforting each other. That made even the hardest people in the office tear up too. Co-worker's family was very loving towards each other, so hope that support will be a comfort to them. Co-worker looks just like his Dad and uncles, there's a strong family resemblance, which was poignant.

Co-worker and his wife had been building a house in the country in which his Dad was the major contractor, helper, advisor and builder. I wonder if they will still work on the house now that his Dad is gone. And we all silently wondered where was co-worker's wife? She was not at the funeral, which was rather odd. And she wasn't in any of the photos in a touching family collage they did as a display. So what does that mean? Nobody dares (or is rude enough) to ask him. Maybe there was a perfectly good reason, like she was ill or something.

He has certainly had a year from hell: first major battles and troubles at work with two colleagues from another department, even the police and auditors got involved. Then his Dad got sick, and now maybe something has happened between his wife and himself too. Poor guy. My paltrey work troubles don't even begin to compare with what he's gone through at work.

Well, hope your Saturday is cheerful, peaceful and happy!

8 Comments:

Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

The funeral sounds awful. Glad you survived it.
The painting class sounds fun. Even if it is really long. You will have to post your masterpieces on your blog so we can all see them..

9:52 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You'll probably be glad that you took the class.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

How good of you all to support your co-worker.

3 hours sleep WOW! I can't function on that amount of sleep.

I understand what you mean about having your day tied up for you but hope you enjoy your class.

11:23 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I'll be interested to hear what you learn in class!

Funerals are so sad, I hope your co-worker will be ok.

Enjoy the class!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I love it that you take so many varied classes---you should paint your policeman enjoying a espresso

9:34 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

3 hrs sleep!! Holy crap! I hope we get to view your masterpieces!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

the painting class sounds strange when they increase the hours like that, does the teacher have nothing better to do with her weekend...??? i suppose you'll learn a lot of techniques in that time though...

sorry about the funeral, its sounds awful...its good to hear they have lots of support...

*hugs*

2:25 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

The poor fellow co-worker who lost his father...and the office tiff! He must be feeling really bad. You can cheer him up I just know it.

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home