Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Puzzle

Exciting times (lol!) I got the border almost done around my new jigsaw puzzle. We're doing one at work as a team-building thing and to my surprise, it's been pretty fun. I especially like sorting the piece out according to color. BZ and I work together well on it, I find pieces and she fits them in! My Mom does jigsaw puzzles and was always trying to get me to work on her latest. But I'd look over the puzzle for five minutes and maybe find one piece. It was too slow-going for me. But after working on the one at my job, I can see that it's both challenging and relaxing. So I bought a puzzle last night (only a 500 piece one--started small!) and starting working on it at home. I'm working on it on a tiny, round coffee table, so that makes it even more challenging.

From my E-mail
(there was a part 1 of this some time ago)
More How To Know You're Ready For Parenthood

NIGHT TEST: Prepare by obtaining a small cloth bag and fill it with 8 to 12 pounds of sand. Soak it thoroughly in water. At 8 PM begin to waltz and hum with the bag until 9 PM. Lay down your bag and set your alarm for 10:00 PM. Get up, pick up your bag, and sing every song you have ever heard. Make up about a dozen more and sing them until 4:00 AM. Set alarm for 5:00 AM. Get up and make breakfast. Keep this up for 2 or more years. Look cheerful.

PHYSICAL TEST (WOMEN): Obtain a large bean-bag chair and attach it to the front of your clothes. Leave it there for 9 mo. Now remove 10% of the beans.

PHYSICAL TEST (MEN): Go to the nearest drug store. Set your wallet on the counter. Ask the clerk to help himself. Now proceed to the nearest food store. Go to the head office and arrange for your paycheck to be directly deposited to the store. Purchase a newspaper. Go home and read it quietly for the last time.

FINAL ASSIGNMENT: Find a couple who already has a small child. Lecture them on how they can improve their child's discipline, patience, tolerance, toilet training, and table manners. Suggest many things they can improve on as well. Emphasize to them that they should never allow their children to run riot. Enjoy this experience. It will be the last time you'll have all the answers.

So, do you have any favorite hobbies?

Parents of small children pretty much have the parenting thing as their hobby, entertainment (little kids can be VERY entertaining and fun) spare time filler and full-time occupation all rolled into one!

8 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Years ago I went thru a puzzle phase where I was doing a jigsaw all the time...then I'd get some puzzle glue and glue it all together and put it on the wall in our computer room. Wolves, fairys, dragons...all different kinds of puzzles! I haven't done a jigsaw in a long time but I think it's because of lack of space...I have nowhere to put one together!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love jigsaw puzzles, i just wish i had the time to do them. I do cross stitch or read if i have any spare time.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

thats the good thing about road trips, you can't exactly move a jigsaw from place to place easily...

although hubby has plans for another jigsaw marathon in september when we go away...

i don't have the patience for it, I find the edge pieces and then i get bored...

and of course you can steal the meme, i stole it from someone and can't remember who...lol

:0)

2:29 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I used to do puzzles all the time, but the cat I had at the time would get up on the table and bat the pieces around and lose them so I gave up.

My hobbies, drawing, painting, photography, writing, reading and numerous crafts.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

I love jigsaw puzzles, but unfortunately my 9 month old son does too. We just have different ideas of how those little pieces should be utilized.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I have heard that jigsaw puzzles exist but I have never seen one.
My hobby is napping..

10:01 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

I used to but I don't take the time anymore. I'd rather read given a choice.

3:27 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

My mother and sisters like them, but I've never had the patience. I'd rather read.

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home