Friday, June 09, 2006

It's getting fainter

It's a Friday but I'm not dressed in jeans and casual wear. This morning we are going to the funeral of the father of a co-worker. He wasn't that old, in his 60's and died at home of cancer (after they had done all they could for him) just like my Dad. It's going to be a hard funeral but none of them are exactly happy events, are they? The family farm may have to be sold, mother moved into town. Deaths like his are a big change in the family.

I'm a little nervous about going to a long Catholic mass with my co-workers. I have a history of fainting in church and wouldn't that be the most awful thing, to faint during a funeral? I would be so embarrassed. And then there's the "call the ambulance" thing--which is not necessary, but I since I can't move or speak, I can't tell them that! I may mention it to my favorite co-worker, bring a bottle of water in my purse and try to sit at one of the ends of the pew. I hope that will help.

I think it's being too warm and people all crowded together that do it. I used to get a panic attack in elevators too, but got over it when I worked at a job on the 7th floor! I still don't like being in a packed elevator but then most people don't.

I feel guilty about obsessing about myself and my problems instead of the loss co-worker and his family have suffered. But then again, I don't want to make a scene at such a dignified event either.

A few hours after the funeral we have a graduation party for another co-worker who just got his Master's. It doesn't sound like we are going to get much work done today but that the day may be long. Happy Friday to you!

11 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yeesh...I don't blame you for being worried! I had "pass out" episodes myself (I fainted on my neighbors the first time I met them!!!!) and it's always SO embarrassing! Tell your co-worker about it and bring that water (just in case). If you don't need it, that's great...if you do need it, at least it will be there for you!

And it's going to be a crazy day for me too. My mom has a court case she has to attend and I have to meet her a little after 10:00, then run upstairs and decorate for a baby shower, then meet my mom again at the hospital to have her new pacemaker put in!!!

I will be SO GLAD to see Saturday! Have a great weekend! :)

6:57 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

If you are worried about fainting you should sit at the back near the door so you can leave discretely. Just tell your co workers you have been feeling sick..
Or you could just go in on a stretcher. Then if you pass out it won't be as noticable..

7:05 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Make sure you have a bottle of water with you. I like the idea of sitting at the back near the door too.
Have super "jigsaw" weekend PBS :o)

7:07 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

That is sad about your co-workers dad, sounds like a rough time for that family.

I hope you don't pass out!!

8:03 AM  
Blogger katie said...

I hope everything goes alright, sound like you have a very full day. I second what everyone else said about sitting towards the back of the church.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

LOL @ hb! Brilliant idea! Seriously though, I hope all goes well for you today, PB. It's 10:30 am. here now. I wonder if you're at church right now? I'm thinking of you.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

faint or fall asleep? Which is more embarrassing? I've done both!!!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Musical Mommy said...

BREATH!!! Heh...sorry I haven't stopped by your blog lately...hope things go as well as they can for you while you're there...

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Friday to you, too.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i hope that you managed to stay concious, and dont feel bad about it, theres nothing you can do really if your prone to it...

hope you have a great weekend...

:0)

2:24 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

You'll probably be exhausted when you get home...so have a good weekend if you can. Make one of your special coffees and indulge yourself.

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home