Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Here we go again

Well, I did it. And no one who knows me will be surprised. I bought a house last night! Rather, I put in an offer and it was accepted. I won't actually own the house until after the closing, of course.

It's house #2 in the lineup in Monday's post. My son and I went to see it last night. He usually chides me for being "too impulsive" but totally concurred with me on this one--it's a wonderful house (for our price range)!

I've never been one to let the grass grow under my feet. If it's something you really want to do, I say, go for it! Life is too short to spend wishing or hoping for a particular, certain situation that may never come (without some prodding!) If this doesn't turn out for some reason, I will be---renting! Just like I am right now.

So we had to drive to our old state to the real estate office and sign all the paperwork. It took until fairly late last night to do all of that as we had gone to see the house at 7:30 p.m. and spent a long time walking through it several times and talking. I had figured in the price of a garage, which it doesn't have, and subtracted that cost from the already reduced price. So I got a price break of a bit over $15,000, which is certainly nice.

Now here's the tricky part, the closing is at the end of the month. Yes, JUNE! Do you know how soon that will be? Yikes, my movers will be running from me in horror, "No, not again. Please noooooooo!" It doesn't seem to matter that I do pay them well, it's just too much moving. This will be move #4 in five months! Two moves for my Mom and now two for us.

I have to cancel the house tours tonight, call the mortgage banker again (talked to him three times yesterday) call the inspection guy, and saddest of all, call my dear sweet landlady. She will not like to hear that we will be moving so soon. She's been an excellent landlord and I do feel a bit bad about that part. I need to let her know right away, and even so since it's not a 30-day notice I will probably have to pay July rent on the apartment.

What day is this anyway? I won't know until I get to the office, but at least it's not Saturday, so I do have to go in to work. Happy whatever-day-this-is to you!

11 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Congrats on the house...that's wonderful news! :)

I CANNOT believe you have moved that many times...I DO NOT envy you that...I hate it! But still, it's VERY cool that you'll be moving into your very own house! ;)

I think it's Wednesday...but the only day that I'm ALWAYS sure of is Fridays because I like those the best! :)

6:43 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Oh, how exciting!

Congrats!

It's amazing how quick they do closings, mine was three weeks from the day we made the offer.

Look at it this way, if you pay July's rent, you can take your time moving in. Instead of rushing like last time.

I had to rush, everything moved so fast, and my rent was only paid till the end of that month. We wanted to pay an extra month so we could take our time, but the landlord's wanted us out so they could fix the place up and put it on the market. Guess what? Still hasn't sold, four months later. It might have something to do with them asking way too much money for that dump in that crappy crime riddled neighborhood.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Musical Mommy said...

Congratulations!!! We just bought our first house in February...oh the joys of moving...sigh...Praying that everything goes smoothly!! ENJOY YOUR NEW HOUSE!!!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Congrats on the house! It sounds really great. Hopefully this will be your last move for awhile!

12:24 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Good for you...don't get stressed about the time factor...paying for July sounds like a good idea...less rushing.

4:31 PM  
Blogger LK said...

Congratulations, that is very exciting.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW HOUSE! BREAK OUT THE MARGARITAS!!! I love your spirit! Go for it!!!!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

congrats on the new house, i don't think you wanted to move 4 times though...lets hope this is the last one for a long while...

ugh its already thursday here, and i have to do the banking, i hate thursdays...

:0)

2:36 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Woohoo on getting the house.
If the neighbors dog was barking then that means people around there have pets. Which is good. You have pets.
And fixing up the yard will be fun. Not for someone like me but for you, tee,hee.
And your movers should be happy moving you. You have a lot of practice. In fact you have got to be an expert mover by now..
So woohoo..

5:22 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

OMG, i'm gone for 2 days and you buy a house! i can't leave you alone for a minute!
Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more about it :o)

5:28 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

PBS you're just so cute. I'm VERY happy for you that you made a decision. Sometimes the worst part of having to make a decision is the actual "committing" part. Glad you're happy with house number two.

And I hope you figured out what day it was. hahaha

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home