Saturday, May 13, 2006

Work and canned goods

I stopped at my Mom's new place on Thursday night to drop off her mail and her delivered newspaper. She hasn't changed either service yet, guess I should just do it for her. She is hard of hearing and took forever to get to the door. I didn't take off my coat, gave her the mail and paper. She tried to gave me her old bags and boxes, which I didn't really want to drag back up my stairs. I did offer to "garbage" them for her, but they can be reused, she said. I doubt those boxes could or should be reused after three moves! I had to tape some of them together, especially to haul all of her canned goods.

And what is it about older people and those damned canned goods? I packed the good ones for her, throwing away the rusted and dented cans. She has enough to last for years, I swear. I HATE canned foods but see where they might come in handy for situations (like in the country) where the power is off or something like that. Even I had a few canned goods when we were living in the country.

My Mom is mad at me again. When I was leaving her place on Thursday night, she said dismissively, "See you Sunday." Which is Mother's Day, of course. I was relieved that she doesn't expect me to drag her paper and mail over there or check on her every day. She is probably as tired of me as I was of her. Happy Mother's Day to us both! I wonder how that will go. I've promised to take her to a movie, her choice on Sunday.

OK, on to the promised (from the title) juicy part of the post:
V-Man called me at work twice yesterday. We talked about all sorts of things, especially mothers, as he lived with his mother for awhile too, but escaped. We had some "moments" while moving, in my room, in the moving van, in the basement of my Mom's new place. My son walked in and caught us once, but couldn't see anything from the angle from the door. V-Man lives a far distance away and we have been both far too busy and frustrated. A phone call from his place to my apartment is long-distance, the gasoline prices are high, blah blah, always a reason.

So on the second call to the office, things got started. It was very poor judgment on my part, really. We have a phone system at work where I believe they can record us. Technically it's illegal to record or listen in to calls without consent but those "rights" laws don't apply at work. So it was foolish (but pretty fun, hehe) to have phone sex at work.

Least-favorite co-worker's office is right next to mine and SHE WAS IN! So what was I thinking? She could have, um, overheard my sound effects. She is a power-hungry, frustrated, tattletale to BZ so if she did, it won't stay secret with her. OK, this is going to be really hard to explain to a new employer if I get fired for having phone sex at work! I'm not really worried about it, but think maybe I'd better NOT do that ever again. Happy Saturday to you!

7 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

Well, well, well. You're much more than plain, white bread aren't you? LOL!!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I really hope that the situation with your Mum calms down soon.

My Granny had loads of tinned food and she stored toilet paper under the bed incase there was ever a shortage.. i think it must go back the scars of living in really tough times.

As for the phone sex... good for you!!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

LOL, you sly ol dog PBS, whod'a thunk it ehhh!! I'm jealous!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

If you do get fired for phone sex, please be sure to let us know---I'd like to be able to brag about my spicy friend...

9:26 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

You are a sassy wench.

2:56 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

Thank you for your lovely kind words. Happy Mother's Day to you

7:10 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Quite the little sauce bottle, aren't you?

I have never managed the phone sex thing, I just feel so self conscious. I need tips! ;-)

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home