Sunday, April 30, 2006

Watching my ex on TV

It's windy and rainy here today. In fact it was howling and blowing around so much last night that I expected to get up this morning and see snow! But it's just a cold spring rain. We needed rain to dampen the grass fire hazard. I walked to the little gas station to buy and Sunday paper and some milk. My new jacket buttons and zips down so well that I stayed dry and warm.

We were watching the TV "Cops" and they had some traffic stops. The officer talked about furtive movements, and they had lots of light shining into the car(s) and found drugs a couple of times and weapons, in one car. It was even more interesting to watch after learning about it in the CPA classes.

"My Name is Earl" had an episode about the power of a police badge. He found a badge and was using it to get freebies and impress people. At first I wasn't sure I was going to like the show. "Earl" reminds me so much of my ex-husband, my son's dad. He even looks just like him and has that '70's thing going on. And the weird conglomerate of friends, crazy ideas and not much respect for the law--yep, that's my ex all right! But it's a cute TV show and I think they should pay my ex royalties for it! Someday I'll write about some of the strange situations with him, as he was a sweet guy but a real trouble magnet, just like Earl. Or maybe I won't write about him, not sure I want to go back there.

Mom is at church right now. Neither apartment manager has called yet as they had promised. On Monday I'll probably have to call them both again. They DO want to rent those apartments, right? Oh, and at my favorite coffee shop was an ad for a studio apartment that sounds just wonderful for me! But it's too soon, as both Mom and son need apartment options before I can really start looking, darn it. I'm not sure what my son is planning to do. He has mentioned getting roommates for the place here (when Mom and I move out) which would be great. Hope this all works out. Have a great rest of your weekend!

11 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

I hope it all works ok for you all as well.

I love My name is Earl and am strangely attracted to Earl, scraggy hair and moustache and everything! I think I need help!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

wouldn't that studio apartment be great? Maybe your sone could live there with his father...

4:19 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love Earl, man that show kills me!!! Everything will work out PBS, just takes time :o)

12:32 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

I have never watched the show but I have enough friends to entertain me with thier antics.
I dont know if you want to be living above your favorite coffee shop.
It won't be the same again and have to find a new favorite coffee shop.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

We've only just started getting "My name is Earl" down here...I haven't seen it yet, but from what I've heard it's getting itself quite a following.

I can't believe those people haven't got right back to your Mum about letting the apartments out...that's slack of them. The moment I have an interested party in my flat downstairs I'm onto them real fast lol

Good luck with everything :)

5:05 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I LOVE "My Name Is Earl"!!! The PK and I NEVER miss that show! :) (I thought you were going to blog that you saw your ex on the TV show "Cops"!!! Yikes! :)

10:18 AM  
Blogger angela marie said...

That Earl show is pretty funny!

Sounds like you have your hands full...which can be a good thing sometimes, eh? :)

10:39 AM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

Earl makes me happy :) hope you are habing a good Monday!

12:47 PM  
Blogger katie said...

I haven't seen to many episodes of Earl, but it does look pretty entertaining. A studio apartment sounds pretty perfect, I hope it is still there when you are ready to move out.

2:19 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

We also like "My name is Earl"... especially Randy his brother.

2:12 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i love my name is earl, jason lee is so funny...and strangely attractive

i hope it all works out on the apartment front...

hope you had a great weekend...

*hugs*

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home