Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Showering with Ferrets

Maybe I'll write a book someday, Showering with Ferrets. Do you think they'd make it into a movie? Anyway, it's quite the experience. I set up a ferret playground each day in the hope that it will keep them away from the couple of places they aren't supposed to go in the bathroom. Sometimes it works, often not. Today they got on top of the hamper and from there to the shelf. If you ever want to clear a shelf, a ferret would be a good bet, better than a cat, even. Nebby knocked over a cleaning bottle, and the top came off when it hit the floor. I was finishing up in the shower when I smelled the cleaner smell. It was sort of an emergency to get the ferrets out of it and wash off their little feet so it wouldn't make them sick. Duggie wanted to walk through it to get to the bathtub, and the floor was slick with the liquid. The bathroom smells really good now!

The landlords came to get the rent last night and frowned at the washer. We have it in the kitchen but they knocked on the back door. They also said we could just change the living room lightbulb ourselves. We certainly can change our own lightbulbs but this one is on a very high ceiling and we got rid of our ladder! I'd figured we wouldn't be using it in an apartment, plus where would we store it? Should have kept it. I don't know how we're going to reach the ceiling, stack up furniture and stand on top, I guess.

I just finished a good, funny book, Lord Vishnu's Love Handles, by Will Clarke. It's a crazy, sort of a spy thriller book. I'd highly recommend it, a quick read. I read in while sitting in my car, actually! Yes, that sounds pathetic but I desperately needed alone time on Sunday. And even though I was bundled up, it got pretty darn cold in the car. Actually I'm probably lucky that the police didn't come to check me out as a suspicious vehicle! Now that would have been embarrassing. A Happy Tuesday to you!

7 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yeah but it wouldn't have been bad if it'd been your cop come to check you out in the car, right? ;)

And it sounds like your ferret Duggie recovered completely from the shock, huh? That's awesome! :)

7:11 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

If they could write a book called Dances with Wolves showering with Ferrets has to be a best seller.
I had a ferret once.
CoCo the terror.
She was fun to have a round except for the cats that is. Hence trhe Terror part LOL

7:46 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I'd buy the book if you could promise I wouldn't have nightmares

6:06 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I have trouble coping with my cat, let alone dealing with a couple of mischevious ferrets lol

I love reading the mystery/thriller stuff...my favourite author at the moment is Tess Geritsen..thoroughly enjoying her stuff.

Shame the car gets so cold at the moment, sounds like a good hiding out place to me in your situation lol

7:19 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

When you are a reader...you'll read anywhere...anytime.

1:52 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

awww cute ferret story, glad you didn't slip on the cleaning fluid...

and do not stack up furniture to get to the lightbulb, that the quickest way to casualty if ever i heard it, can you not borrow one from somewhere...???

:0)

4:52 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

It would have been shocking if "your" cop had come along LOL!

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home