Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Finally, at last

Well, it happened! After all the phone calling and other attempts to see the apartment, we saw it during the day yesterday. I had to take off work to do it. But once we saw it, things started moving quickly. We went to the rental office to fill out applications (I did too, so they can find me a smaller apartment)my Mom paid the first month's rent and a deposit. They gave her some keys and just like that, my Mom has a new apartment and is moving!!!! Just had to get a LOT of exclamations in there.

I had to go back into work for a few hours to make up the time. BZ asked me if I could give her a ride home tomorrow (today, now.) So I was in semi-panic mode when I got home late. She wears nice clothes and is VERY picky, while the jeep, well, it's an old jeep and scruffy around the edges. I did the best I could to tidy it up at least a little. A lot of my son's stuff was still there from when he had the car accident. Luckily for me he was home and helped me clear out his stuff. Now the jeep doesn't look great or like a nice new car or anything, but is presentable.

Tonight's CPA is abou the local justice system, including the juvenile justice system and how cases are brought to trial. This Saturday we will get to fire weapons at the police shooting range, next Wednesday is about community policing and our graduation. Then we're done. You could not believe how sad I am about that. I love going every week and talking about police stuff. Guess I'll have to apply for the Police Auxiliary to keep it going!

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay, you get to learn about my field of work. Doing the dance of joy for you over the apartment...super news :o)

7:06 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Yay about your mom's new apartment!

Enjoy the class!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That's great that your mom got a new place! :)

And hey, your boss should just be thankful she has a ride! ;)

7:36 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Definitely become a P-Ox. I want to have a contact on the inside.

9:46 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Good for your Mom. BZ is just another person afterall...and she just happens to need a ride. Weird eh?

1:49 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

that is such good news about your mom finding a new place, i hope you get some rest now...

why don't you join the police force full time...???

:0)

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home