Friday, May 05, 2006

Got superpower?

Mom's move is planned for next Wednesday. I think it's May 10th. I need to ask for that day off as a vacation day, rent a moving truck, and get our happy little crew together once more.

Mom told me last night, "I don't think ____ (son/grandson) wants to move me!" in great surprise, and in criticism.

"Of course he doesn't, none of us do, especially this soon! Moving is a lot of hard work but we'll get 'er done!" I said with a smile, because the end result will be good, though. My Mom doesn't do any of the actual moving, packing or unpacking. So she looks at moving day in quite another way than we do as sweaty, struggling laborers.

Yesterday in my short 'n easy post about superpowers I forgot to ask the big question:

What is YOUR superpower? (On second thought, I bet everyone has at least one!)

13 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Well, like you...sometimes I'm invisible!

I also have the superpower of sometimes being the worlds biggest sucker (when it comes to nay type of animal)....does that count? :)

6:53 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Doing the "dance of joy" for you!! This time next week you will be able to breathe easier :)
Have a super weekend PBS!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

I am known as 'KILLER SMILE'.Hows that for an alter ego?

7:28 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

As I can attest to: MOVING SUCKS!!!

As for my Super Power after giving it great thought, mine is Sarcastic Tongue, I can flay men with a well placed word reducing them to a shivering bundle of fear.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can smell colors....
for real

8:41 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

I have the superhuman ability to repel women of all ages, shapes, and sizes with my creepy vibe.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

My super power is that I am adaptable to most situations

12:24 PM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

I don't know what my superpower is hummm.. that I would have to think about. Good luck with the move. Have a great weekend too!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i can make a chocolate cake disappear, and i can recite the 50 states in less that 5 minutes, yes i know how sad i am...

;0)

2:39 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

I can smell BS coming at me from 2 states away.

4:08 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

good luck with the moving---I admire how family-oriented you are, and how strong.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

I always hated moving, I remember the first one I did. I had 2 garbage bags and that was all, now I would concider throwing a match at the house and call the insurance before I moved. I dont know where all this stuff came from. My 2 garbage bags were not that big.
I'm sure when all this moving is done ytou will be happy for the privacy you have been craving.
I have no super power, but I did try forcing xray vision to develope once but that only got me slapped alot.
Have a nice weekend

11:16 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

in response to your comment about the mark billingham books i would read them in order, they are all as good as one another anyway...the order i think is

Sleepyhead
Scaredy Cat
Lazy Bones
The Burning Girl
Lifeless
Buried

i think lifeless was just released in paperback over there so you should be able to find all the first five...

hope you had a great weekend...

:0)

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home