Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Buzzed 'n Happy

OK, much better today. Must have gotten the rant out of my system, which is the beauty of journaling! Either that or all of that coffee last night made me happy! Boy, did we have coffee; each of these drinks had a doubleshot of espresso, and the drinks themselves are thick and filling. I'm lucky I didn't get sick from it all and wonder if anyone did.

We started off with learning frozen coffees and I had a mocha. Later when we were all making them for each other, I had another half mocha. Then we had to play barista for each other and take orders. I was up first. For my turn Chase ordered a frozen mint mocha, so I made him one (wonder what that tasted like, it smelled good.) We went down the line, each making a coffee for the next person. Most of the coffees had leftovers, so we got to try them, too. Let's see, I tried a Raspberry White Chocolate mocha, which everyone raved over, but I'm not big on raspberrys or any type of fruit in coffee. Someone made a Pumpkin Vanilla frozen latte, yum yum. When it was finally my turn to have a coffee made for me, I was tried of all the frozen ones and chose a Vanilla Latte with a touch of Cinnamon. Kylie was the barista who made it for me and I swear it was the BEST coffee I've ever had!

I came home totally buzzed after all of that caffeine. I think the air was shimmering! My son was home, he had the day off, which is unusual. He was discussing his future career plans and apartment plans. The car accident cost him plenty, even with insurance. So if he really wants to go to school or find another apartment, I'll help him out.

Tonight is the Citizens' Police Academy. Sadly, we are over half done but I never want it to end! I was thinking again, of the fun of the ride-along and how "my" cop stepped in front of me to protect me from any danger. And also how he asked which speeders he should stop for me! It was kind of bad for the speeders (and I didn't want any stopped but the ones who were whipping fast) but really fun for me. It's just not any old day when someone will pull over cars for you!

Traffic stops are the topic of tonight's session, which is probably why I was thinking about my ride-along again. We will see arrest procedures and get to participate. I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds quite fun!

Have a great day!

9 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

Did you even sleep last night?

Just reading this gave me a caffiene buzz. :)

6:55 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

PBS, it's so good to see you so happy!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

You should bring the cops a bunch of homemade specialty coffees - get them all buzzing before you go out.

9:22 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Umm, a mint mocha sounds so good! Academy sounds like it will be interesting tonight. I always wonder how they choose which speeders they are going to nab!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun with your cops. I am sure you will anyway!! Those coffees sound lovely

1:20 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

It is very good to see you happy. I am so glad. I read your rant from yesterday and I see alot of this and it annoys the hell out of me too!

I am glad you enjoyed the coffee evening. I don't like coffe but love the smell of it. Some of the different flavours/combinations you describe made my mouth water!! I had never heard of many of them.

Have fun tonight :)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Blimey! I'd have had to do the coffee course at 9am if I was to sleep for the next two nights! All that coffee would keep me awake for days!

4:42 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

All the coffees sounded so delicious...and I would love the raspberry one for sure. The vanilla latte with cinnamon is what I get most of the time...decaf though.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Who'd have thought taking courses could be so much fun?

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home