Saturday, April 22, 2006

Yar who Yar

Ahhhh Saturday, I slept in until after 7:00 and lay in bed until nearly 8:00. It was so great to get to stay in bed and recall a great dream I'd just had. That's the trick to recalling dreams, as you probably know: stay in bed and tiptoe back through whatever you can remmember and more details will come back to you. This is much easier to do if you sleep alone like I do! Usually the moment you get up or speak to someone is when your dream disappears like smoke. You may get faint, frustating almost-memories of it, but the dream is basically gone and out of your conscious reach.

This dream was rich in details and interesting (to me, anyway) so I went back through it to pick up the details: I was at a large event/fair and people kept giving me things, all sorts of things and some were larger, like a bike! I think what they were giving me may have represented something, as dream are seldom foretelling (darn it, I'd really like to get some of that stuff!) But I didn't want to go over my dream too many times while lying in bed, as some of the details start to get rounded off, and my mind starts to fill in blanks that maybe the dream left open for a reason.

Everywhere I went in the dream people, well, guys, would tell me their life story. For example, I went into a pizza place and the waiter started telling me where he was from and details of his childhood. He was interrupted by the owner starting to tell me all about HIS childhood! During most of the dream I was looking for a beautiful bike, which someone had given me, but I had left somewhere at a seminar.

In the dream I had hair long enough to sit on and the same color as my real hair, blonde. Someone gave me a hair swatch of the same length, but it was dark brown, so I interweaved it into my own hair for a long ponytail. It sound kinda strange and ugly, but in the dream anyway it looked nice! I walked by a pool with a sage who had a long, braided piece of hair hanging down his back. Of course he told me his life story!

But as I was leaving, he wrote on a slate he had, "Yar who Yar"

I looked at it and said back to him, "That would make a great t-shirt!"

He grinned a toothless smile and said, "I know." and pulled out a pile of t-shirts from the back of his small stool!

Well, there were lots more details, of course but that's enough of recounting my dream. Many people are not interested in hearing about other people's dreams, or listening to their life story either! Actually, in the dream I walked away from each life story long before they were done, kind of rude but it was only a dream!

I think I had some other stuff in the back of my mind to write today, but it's gone now, like dream smoke. Oh well. Have a super Saturday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I'm commenting here so you can delete the top post! Looks like those Blogger bas$#@!@'s are at it again!!

OOOoo sounds very medievil PBS, how fascinating, i wonder what that word signifies??

7:09 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

The hair thing was weird...sort of.

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home