Saturday, April 22, 2006

Yar who Yar

Ahhhh Saturday, I slept in until after 7:00 and lay in bed until nearly 8:00. It was so great to get to stay in bed and recall a great dream I'd just had. That's the trick to recalling dreams, as you probably know: stay in bed and tiptoe back through whatever you can remmember and more details will come back to you. This is much easier to do if you sleep alone like I do! Usually the moment you get up or speak to someone is when your dream disappears like smoke. You may get faint, frustating almost-memories of it, but the dream is basically gone and out of your conscious reach.

This dream was rich in details and interesting (to me, anyway) so I went back through it to pick up the details: I was at a large event/fair and people kept giving me things, all sorts of things and some were larger, like a bike! I think what they were giving me may have represented something, as dream are seldom foretelling (darn it, I'd really like to get some of that stuff!) But I didn't want to go over my dream too many times while lying in bed, as some of the details start to get rounded off, and my mind starts to fill in blanks that maybe the dream left open for a reason.

Everywhere I went in the dream people, well, guys, would tell me their life story. For example, I went into a pizza place and the waiter started telling me where he was from and details of his childhood. He was interrupted by the owner starting to tell me all about HIS childhood! During most of the dream I was looking for a beautiful bike, which someone had given me, but I had left somewhere at a seminar.

In the dream I had hair long enough to sit on and the same color as my real hair, blonde. Someone gave me a hair swatch of the same length, but it was dark brown, so I interweaved it into my own hair for a long ponytail. It sound kinda strange and ugly, but in the dream anyway it looked nice! I walked by a pool with a sage who had a long, braided piece of hair hanging down his back. Of course he told me his life story!

But as I was leaving, he wrote on a slate he had, "Yar who Yar"

I looked at it and said back to him, "That would make a great t-shirt!"

He grinned a toothless smile and said, "I know." and pulled out a pile of t-shirts from the back of his small stool!

Well, there were lots more details, of course but that's enough of recounting my dream. Many people are not interested in hearing about other people's dreams, or listening to their life story either! Actually, in the dream I walked away from each life story long before they were done, kind of rude but it was only a dream!

I think I had some other stuff in the back of my mind to write today, but it's gone now, like dream smoke. Oh well. Have a super Saturday!

9 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I'm assuming you've posted this twice, going by the next title, so I'm gonna comment on this one and look like I'm the first here lol

It's amazing some of the stuff that comes out in dreams isn't it? Not to mention the things you can do...like how you walked away from them telling you their life stories...in reality that would've been rude, but it's great to do it in a dream and not have to suffer the consequences lol

I used to occasionally dreamt I was being ironed lol I would watch it happening my sleep, see the iron getting closer to the skin and think "it's not going to hurt because it's a dream, I'll be ok" scary but without the pain lol

It's the waking up inside a dream that I find a bit frightening...you think you've woken from a scary bit only to find you're still dreaming...hope that made sense lol

3:53 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

I wasn't sure which post to comment on (smile) so I picked this one and figured I could be second to Lisa!

There was a study done on "conversation topic" and apparently one of the least favorite things people like to listen to (when spoken to) is other people's dreams.

Clearly they forgot to ask me!

I agree with you that it's easier to recall dreams in the morning if you are not interrupted by other stimuli.

I laughed when I first started to read this because I too slept in today (though it's Sunday now) which I never, ever do. I didn't get out of bed till nearly 7. Unheard of for me. Must be the dull and dismal weather outdoors.

Keep dreamin' PBJ!

7:04 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I hate when I have a good dream and can't recall it later, I will have to try that.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when I remember my dreams. Although I do have some strange ones! The other night I dreamt I was looking after a bloke I work with's kids!! & I renamed one of them in the dream! I've never met this blokes kids either!!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I try to remember dreams. I know that if I am troubled then there will always be a snake in my dreams/nightmares. But, apart from that I am not sure.
Are you going to have some t-shirts made then?
Have a happy Sunday

2:35 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

I've had a post all ready to go for today (Monday) but it's not showing up yet! Sorry.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

I doen't dream much but when I do I find its go some coonectiong to whatis happening in my life at that moment.
Now I have some whoppers life falling off a building and waking just before I land on the girl putting a parking ticket on my car

10:29 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

I once dreamed I stepped out the back of a shoestore and found myself in an alternate dimension where I was killed by Darth Vader when he injected my face with chocolate. Good thing I don't have crazy dreams like you or I'd be worried.

12:36 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

"Yar who yar"? Whoa! I'll have to sleep on that one.
Maybe I'll try your dream recollection technique but my problem is not recalling dreams. It's just that at some point later in the day, all details completely vanish from my memory. I guess I'd write them down if I had anything interesting but that really doesn't happen. Nothing like Darth Vader injecting my face with chocolate anyways.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home