Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Silent Night

Well, all is peaceful in the Sandwich house. The other two-thirds are pretending nothing happened. I'm not sure I like this as I like to talk things out. But maybe this isn't easily talkable, could start up something again. And here I was looking forward to getting my freedom, ha ha! I had a list of one-bedroom apartments and was looking at it longingly--ALONE time!!!!

I talked to Vegetable Man about the situation but should have known that his take on it would be the same as always. Punish my son, take away something he likes. That may be a valid point but it's always the first place V.Man will go. Needless to say he and my son did not get along well. In fact their poor relationship had much to do with why we (V.Man and I) parted ways when my son was around 12-years old. V. Man has not got along with any of his other girlfriends' children either, especially the boys. In the relationship before the Ex Vegetable Man wanted to send her 15-year old to a military school "to toughen him up". He was a skinny artistic teenager who would not have thrived in an environment like that. Thank goodness his mother had more sense.

Vegetable Man has Saturn in the 5th house in his natal chart, and if you know any astrological theory, that's not a good placement for getting along with children! He also has his Moon in the 10th house, a mother complex. My son has that also. The ironic thing is that V.Man moved back into town after a broken relationship and lived with his mother for years and years. He would scream and rage and blame his mother for just about everything yet he's very condemning of a milder form of that behavior in my son. Well, it IS condemnable for sure, no denying it, but strange coming from the V. Man! I guess I'm not making him sound very attractive, am I? Or my son either. I've just had far too much family togetherness!

On a lighter note, the ferrets love their new ball! Every morning I take them into the bathroom while I'm showering and getting ready. They still like best to play with their blanket, which is a "dog towel" I use to dry them off from their swim in the bathtub. They play with the towel like little kids too, hiding underneath, peeking out, and a ferret exclusive, rolling around in and on the towel! Duggie is doing fine. He's still a bit light but gaining weight.

It's already been a busy week at work and only Wednesday! This morning I get to escape for awhile and go to a class. Have a good one!

12 Comments:

Blogger angela marie said...

"On a lighter note, the ferrets love their new ball!"

I love that you can vent about things that bother you, but then move on...I think that is very healthy and more of what I am trying to do in my life! :)

Good luck with the fam!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I'd love to see those ferrets playing...ferrets are SO adorable!

And it sounds like things may just work out at Sandwich house? Hope so!

7:01 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

It sounds like everyone is still adjusting to the new living arrangements. It's good you can vent about things here, sometimes it helps put things in perpective.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Sounds like you could use more alone time. Maybe you should slip out and go on vacation without telling anyone. That will make them appreciate you.

10:03 AM  
Blogger katie said...

While I think you would enjoy living alone, I think you would really miss your family. Glad things seem to be getting better!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

A great escape in the middle of a work day sounds good!

10:31 AM  
Blogger dan said...

i have a turnip in venus.

11:48 AM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

"Saturn in the 5th house in his natal chart" hmmm...maybe that is a common problem....

8:12 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I agree with Angela -Marie, good that you can air and then move on.

I hope that all settles down.
Well it is Thursday here and still seems a long time until the weekend!!
look after yourself

11:40 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Awwww, i love your ferrets! I'd love to see another photo of them :)

12:33 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i love the thought of your little ferrets rolling about the apartment...

glad things have settled down a bit...

don't work too hard

:0)

1:36 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Glad to hear Duggie is doing well...maybe a little time is needed for the other family members to get their act together. Hope the rest of your week is good.

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home