Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I lose my pants

I woke up horrible early again. Rather, was awakened by son poking his nose in the door and telling me what time he needs to get up. I barely slept after that, and that was before 3:00 a.m. Also didn't go to bed as early as I had planned, it was after 11:00 p.m. so probably got, like four hours of sleep, max. I had bought son an radio alarm for his birthday because I thought he'd like to wake up to music but he prefers my travel alarm. While lying in bed wishing for sleep I realized there's an easy solution to this, just get another damn alarm clock for him!

While lying awake I was listening to the trains. We have a railroad yard only a couple of blocks from here and I love the sound of the trains, especially at night. Trains have fallen out of fashion in the past years so the railroad isn't really busy, but busy enough to hear trains a few times in the night. I love the music of a train whistle in the wind. It sounds like a harmonica.

I also lay awake wondering what has happened to my (fairly) new black dress pants. Monday I was planning to wear them and couldn't find them in the closet. I'd just washed them a week earlier, did I lose them at the laundomat? Did they fall out of the basket while carrying them? Are they still in the (messy) back seat of the jeep? At first I thought I'd accidently given them (with other clean laundry) to my Mom or son, but no, neither had my black pants. My wardrobe is handicapped now, without those black pants. I've given away most of my "extra" clothes to Goodwill in many bags and boxes. Actually, I gave away a box to Goodwill very recently one morning before work. Do you suppose I accidently gave my almost new black pants to Goodwill? Augggghh, I hope not but have yet to find them anywhere. And you thought maybe the title "I lose my pants" was going to be racy, sorry!

Speaking of that, I talked to Vegetable Man on the phone yesterday. I haven't seen him since our twin moves (ours, and Mom's) and haven't um, visited him for much longer than that. We both are frantically ordering books from the Loompanics Web site, as they are going out of business and have quite the sale going on there 75% off all of the remaining books!!! But I should tell you, if you haven't heard of them before, they don't sell regular books, but odd and unusual books that are difficult to find elsewhere. For instance: one of my two orders of books has a book "Surviving on the Streets: How to Go Down Without Going Out" which has been fascinating reading. My Mom saw it while poking her nose in my door (gee, that causes trouble for me, doesn't it?) and was somewhat concerned, ha ha! I've forgotten how to do the link thingy hope this works: http://www.loompanics.com/ Loompanics

I really HATE other people commenting on what I'm reading, feel it's an invasion of privacy. People have done so since I was a child carrying my non-fiction books about famous women, "Oh you want to grow up to be an Indian princess, huh?" snicker snicker, and comments like that. So I've learned to conceal my non-fiction so as not to provoke lame comments from strangers. I suppose they're just trying to make conversation but I don't like it and they can just buzz off!

So on that happy note, have a Wonderful Wednesday!

7 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

My nephew loved trains ever since he was a little boy (he's 28 now). Loved them so much, in fact, that he went to school and is now a conductor on freight trains. Every time I hear a freight train whistle, I think of him! (I guess you have to put in so much time as a freight conductor before you can move on to bigger and better trains? I don't know...

And don't let ANYONE make you feel bad for what you're reading! I know, when my older relatives would see some of the horror novels I was reading, they'd comment negatively about it...and it used to bother me too...but not anymore!

Happy Humpday to you! Stay awake! :)

7:16 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

You should print your own custom book cover to put on all your books: "How to kill people who ask too many stupid questions (particularly about this book)."

9:31 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I think a new alarm clock is definately a good idea... or swap yours for his new one.

One of my first posts was about my daughter loosing her brand new school uniform, very expensive, school trousers.... she tidied her bedroom and sent aload of stuff to the charity shops ... including these trousers leaving her old pair in her bedroom. I really hope this has not happend to you and that you find them soon.
Have a good wednesday

11:27 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

I really, really hope you haven't lost those pants for good! Fingers and all other appendages croseed!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I hope you find your pants, nothing like a good pair of dress pants :)

Off to bed early tonight missy!!

11:45 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i read odd books too about the witch trials and american idians, and i like to read shakespeare, but you tell people that and you end up with people staring at you like you have three heads...

weird is good, don't let anyone tell you otherwise

and i never found my favourite black bra that i lost, i hope your pants turn up...and get that alarm clock soon...

*hugs*

2:31 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Good luck on the pants situation. You'll probably find them in a spot you've already looked in. That happens to me alot.

I'd so much rather somebody thought me odd about my reading than to see me reading 'romance novels' and figure that I am one of 'those' readers.

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home