Monday, February 13, 2006

Tale of the Secret (Creepy) Room: A Mystery!

This story goes back even further than the night before closing event. It was Wednesday, February 1st of the week from hell AKA as moving week and we had already used and returned the U-Haul for moving the large things and the furniture. Now we were doing the tedious task of conveying the smaller boxes and fragile stuff over to the apartment by car.

We had loaded up the two cars and parked on the street below the apartment. My son said, “You must have forgotten to turn the bathroom light off” for there was a small, square light in a window on the second (our) floor of the apartment building. He was quicker in taking a box upstairs and met me on way up on the stairs. “Funny,” he said. “The bathroom light isn’t on now.” So I looked when I came upstairs with my box and I had been right, our bathroom light was off. I went back down to the cars on the street and my son was pointing, “Look,” he said, and there was still the small, square window with a light on our floor!

He went back upstairs, while I stayed on the street. He flickered our bathroom light and the living room light The small, square lighted window was BETWEEN our bathroom and the living room, on the same floor! What the heck?

We figured it out from recalling (after the fact) things our landlords had said and especially (big clue!) why it had taken them so long to fix our bathroom to we could start moving in. What do you think the creepy light was from? Take a guess!

9 Comments:

Blogger Martini Love said...

I have no idea but that is strange!!

1:42 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

There's a short in the elctrical lines. They were supposed to work on that weren't they? Got the switches mixed up? What?...What?

3:09 PM  
Blogger dan said...

it has to be...a poltergooost

6:44 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

I am thinking it used to be a stairwell that was closed and they forgot to take out the light.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Maybe the landlords are storing their Granny in a secret compartment..

7:29 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i love dans comment...lol a poltergoost...

i have no idea but i'm intrigued...

:0)

2:30 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Ok your spooking me out! A firefly?

4:19 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

There was really no light. It only thought it was there.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That would've freaked me out!!!

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home