Tuesday, February 14, 2006

More vacation, yay....and Happy VD!

Hey, I'm taking two vacation days this week, Thursday and Friday! Actually they ought to be called "vacation" days, as Thursday is my Mom's move and Friday is her closing. My younger brother (buyer of her house) will be here on Friday, of course. I'm dreading it. He will not be pleased to see the stairs in the apartment and he'll be sure to scold me for it--privately, so Mom can't hear him. Oh joy, I can hardly wait. Am already nervous about how the stairs are going to work out for her. But I did my best, I swear I did, to find a ground-level three-bedroom apartment for us all that didn't have stairs. My brothers are both extremely happy that now they don't have to worry about Mom any more. Well, maybe they still do, but it's not my fault!

Neither of my brothers or any other family member besides my son and I are helping her move, either. Vegetable Man is furious about that and I hope he and my brother aren't going to run into each other at the apartment! We have a moving crew set of son, pseudo son, V-Man and me. That's not a large crew but will have to do. My Mom cannot carry any sort of boxes, heavy or light, of course. I still need to make room in my bedroom for the rattan couch. Otherwise my Mom's couch, recliner and other things won't fit into the living room. My closet is still broken, the landlords have not fixed it yet. The whole rod and shelf thingy came down when I hung up my NIGHTGOWN! Talk about the straw that broke the camel's back! But I can't put things in the closet, nor hang up my clothes in there, very inconvenient.

Oh, and have I told you the fiasco over the jeep's title when I paid it off? Maybe another day. As for the creepy room: remember how the landlords kept putting off my even SEEING the apartment because they were renovating it? There was a reason. They probably didn't want me to see that they were dividing the bathroom into two bathrooms, one for the DOWNSTAIRS guy and one for us!!! So the secret room, right in the middle of our apartment but inaccessible to us is a bathroom for the guy who lives in the ground-floor apartment. Apparently he didn't have one down there and had been using the one on second floor. Hmmmm, I was not happy when I'd figured it out but have since gotten used to it. It does explain why, when we first moved in, it sometimes sounded like someone was in our apartment! His bathroom is surrounded by our bathroom, kitchen and living room. Very weird. Nobody probably could have guessed that one.

_____________________

Don't like Valentine's Day? (I love it, it's my very FAVORITE DAY!) Today is International Quirkyalone Day! Here's some info from quirkyalone.net

"Take this February 14 to discover what you uniquely love to do, alone or with friends, and create a great day for yourself. Be proactive. If you can't take the day off, so do something special at lunch or in the evening.

There are infinite ways to celebrate IQD. Here are a few ways to get you thinking.

1. Turn off your cell phone and go for a long walk by yourself. Reflect and enjoy.
2. Explore a new part of town. Be a tourist in your own city.
3. Go to a movie alone.
4. Rearrange your furniture.
5. Buy yourself a heater pad so you won’t cave in to a so-so relationship for a warm body in bed. (Call it “Henry Heater Pad.”)
6. Start a monthly potluck dinner or brunch with friends.
7. Make a list of things that are going well in your life.
8. Write a love letter to a friend and mail it.
9. Buy yourself a bunch of daisies. Daisies, being natural and cheerful, are the official flower of the quirkyalone movement.
10. Snuggle up with a copy of Quirkyalone: A Manifesto for Uncompromising Romantics.

...have a very happy IQD!!"


Have a great Tuesday and Valentine's Day!

12 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

How did I miss that "creepy room" post...that's right up my alley...I LOVE creepy stuff like that! :)

And I kinda know what you mean about having to take care of your mom...The PK and I do the same thing (my brothers don't really help out). I don't mind doing it...but sometimes it just gets so frustrating. A little help every now and then would be much appreciated, right? :)

Well, I'm off to find the "creepy room" post.

Good luck with the move! And HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!! ;)

7:04 AM  
Blogger dan said...

what about the ghost?

7:43 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Happy valentines day!! That is a little creepy. So why didn't he have a bathroom on his floor? That can't be convienent for him. Weird. That wouldn't have been my guess.
I hope the move goes well, even with the limited man power!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

It'll be a bit much if your brothers complain about the stairs when they left all the arrangements of finding a new apartment to you. They can't complain if they had no input...and no wonder V-Man is furious that they're not helping with the move, I agree with him.

How weird about that bathroom. I do hope the landlord sees to your closet soon, but it did make me wonder how heavy your nightgown was lol

Happy Valentines to you :)

12:40 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

HVD, PBS. :)

1:37 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

There's a Valentine treat on my blog for you...you even have a choice. Oh yeah...Happy Valentine's Day missy!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Happy Valentines Day PBS :)

I am sooooooooooo glad you're having a long weekend :)

6:13 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

The room is stranger than even I could have guessed, tee,hee..
Happy Valentines Day..

8:26 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Ok, that would be just weird. I hope you can't hear him pee.

I'm interested in hearing about the Jeep title. I know it took a while to get the title back for my first Jeep, which caused trade in problems when I bought the new Jeep.

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. :)

8:59 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

happy valentines day, oooh that creepy room is weird...but no ghost then, i suppose you win some you lose some...lol

hope you mom has an easy move, and a lot of kids are like that with their parents, some do all they can to help and others find better things to do...at least your brother is helping so it doesn't all fall on your shoulders

*hugs*

4:34 AM  
Blogger dot said...

Ah...freaky bathroom story. Just weird!

If your brothers have relinquished their responsibility in moving your mother and caring for her, then they have also relinquished the right to complain about her accomodations.

I hope that they'll be supportive of you.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I hope that your wardrobe gets fixed soon, I can imagine how inconvienient it must be.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home