Friday, October 28, 2005

Yay for Friday!

I’m off from, not to work today, yay yay. Even slept in, although I woke up several times especially right around the time I would normally get up. Can't remember when I have last done that. Even during the past weekend I was waking up at 3:00 a.m., it was ugly. Sleeping in was easy to do this morning, though, because the house is so cold and it's warm under the covers!

Sorry, I should have more empathy for those working today, I know what that's like but at least it's Friday today. Bosszila did appear at work yesterday, just as she’d promised. But the thought of having today off sustained me through everything that happened at work. After work I met SLA at a little restaurant that’s part of a hotel. I hadn’t been there for a long time. I brought her the little country shopper papers with ads in them that I get from my Mom. SLA is looking for an apartment and sometimes the country places are cheaper and more apt to allow pets. Hope she finds something good, soon. She has to be out of her house in a week! But will stay with her older sister if she doesn’t find something by then.

I’ve been tagged for a meme by Fizzy
If you haven’t already, go and read her cool answers to the meme!

Fizzy’s Meme

Name someone with the same birthday as you.
. 1982 LeAnn Rimes (country singer)
• 1969 Jason Priestley (actor)
• 1965 Shania Twain (country singer)
• 1960 Emma Samms (actress)
• 1958 Scott Hamilton (iceskater)
• 1957 Daniel Stern (actor)
• 1951 Wayne Osmond (singer)
• 1948 Daniel Seriphine (musician)
• 1946 David Soul (actor)
• 1930 Ben Gazzara (actor)
• 1929 Roxie Roker (actress)
• 1925 Donald O'Connor (actor, dancer)
• 1925 Billy Grammer (singer)
• 1924 Peggy Ryan (actress)
• 1921 Nancy Kulp (actress)
• 1889 Charles Boyer (actor)
• 1825 Karl Ulrichs, (first known gay activist)
• 1749 Johann Goethe (writer)
and
• "I have a dream" speech was on August 28, 1963, on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial during the March on Washington. My son was born the same day as MLK! (January 15) but not the same year, of course.

Yes, I definitely get into the birthday thing way too much.

Where was your first kiss?
On a sidewalk of the first city I ever lived in. He was an older man, probably about 25 (I was a teenager).

Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else's property?
No. Unless you count public bathrooms or signs!

Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
Yes, of course. I grew up with brothers!

Have you ever sang in front of a large number of people?
No, never all by myself. Have sang a few times as part of a group.

What's the first things you notice about the preferred sex?
That little buzz, a sexy vibe. After that, beautiful eyes, thick soft hair and built!

What really turns you on?
Great conversation and laughs, shared food, eye to eye contact, a very physical and direct approach.

What do you order at Starbucks?
Mocha with no whipped cream on top.

What is your biggest mistake?
There are so many, let’s see, dropping out of school (university) to get married wasn’t such a great idea, in hindsight. Also the guy I married wasn’t a good pick. He was foreign-born and sort of a local celebrity and I was a teenager from the farm and a bit besotted with him.

Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
Nope, I married someone (see above) who did the job for me.

Say something totally random about yourself.
I would love to be able to fly!

Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Yes, at several points in my life. I’m not going to tell the one that someone last said I looked like though, ouch!

Do you still watch kiddy movies or tv shows?
Yes, the Vegetable Man likes them, he can be a big kid.

Did you have braces?
Nope, we couldn't afford them when I was a kid.

Are you comfortable with your height?
Yes, I am now. When I was younger I always wanted to be a tiny 5’ or 5’ 1”. Short women who keep mentioning and bragging about how short they are still annoy me, though as it’s luck not a virtue!

What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?
That would be a long list! Strewing a path of red rose petals right to the bed. Feeding me by candlelight, no silverware. Carrying me in from the car (it was raining and there were puddles). Lying (together) in the grass pointing out the stars for me would be a few.

When do you know it's love?
I have a physical, emotional and mental turning towards that person, a change in perspective.

Do you speak any other languages?
Nope, have tried several (mostly Spanish) in various times in my life with no success.

Have you ever been to a tanning salon?
Yes, but not for a long, long time. I hate them.

What magazines do you read?
I don’t have much time to read but get National Geographic, Smithsonian, New Yorker and Jane. Sometimes I flip through them but usually end up giving them away, unread to Mom and my friends.

Have you ever ridden in a limo?
Nope, I was hoping when I was in DC last September, but, no it was just a car!

Has anyone you were really close to passed away?
Yes.

Do you watch MTV?
No, no cable or satellite dish. I would like to watch it occasionally. I like popular culture stuff.

What's something that really annoys you?
So many things! Bad drivers, mean people, people who don’t clean up after themselves. Fussy, picky, whiny eaters drive me nuts! I was taught to eat what I’m given, or just stir it around on the plate (if I don’t like it) and pretend I’m not hungry. I consider it very rude to demand special food or food made in a certain particular way! But I’m certainly in the minority there, I know.

What's something you really like?
Also so many things! Coffee and conversation with a loved one or a good friend. Crazy wild good times with my friends, A dark starry night, cuddling under the covers, a brisk walk in brisk weather, A beautiful moon hovering over the water, sparkly new-fallen snow (but not if I have to drive in it), listening to a really good CD, dancing to a really good CD, slow dancing, kissing. Well, that’s enough now, I could go on and on!

Do you like Michael Jackson?
I can’t even answer this one. Well, I used to like his music, I guess.

Can you dance?
I love to dance, so I CAN dance. How well would be up for interpretation, though.

What's the latest you have ever stayed up?
When I worked two FT jobs I only slept four hours per day/night for two years. I think I’ve stayed up 36 hours at the most all at once.

Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room ?
Never. Yikes! I have ridden in an ambulance taking someone else, though.

Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?
Yes! I love to read these! But always feel my comments about them are totally inadequate after the person has revealed so much about themselves.

This was fun! Have a great Friday, I know I will!

15 Comments:

Blogger Fizzy said...

Afternon PBS,
thank you so much for doing this, I loved your answers. The rose petals to the bed aahhhhhhh that is so romantic. I wish......

Have a wonderful day off aay from that yukky boss and your office

9:04 AM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

great answers. we are a little different, though! if it counts for anything, i am 5'1" (with a size 5 shoe) and i can't stand it! being short is not a good thing. it's hard to find pants that aren't too long and i can never reach anything!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

fab answers glad you are having a fab friday and a glorious long weekend, i will be posting my meme tomorrow...

rose petals, awww...i can't think of anything romantic anyone has done for me...agh

:0)

9:50 AM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

Hope you are enjoying your long weekend. I liked your answers we have some things in common... mostly the brothers thing I have 3!

10:33 AM  
Blogger PBS said...

Fizzy: I tried to put a link to your blog on the top of my post but it didn't work, sorry. Thanks for the good wishes!

That Girl: I guess the grass is always greener! People have told me that it must to nice to be taller! And now that I'm older, I realize that it is. Handy to be able to reach things higher up. But in a perfect world I'd still choose to be shorter (so I think).

Magpie: I can't wait to read your answers to the meme! Awww, hope you can remember something romantic, or better still--have something romantic happen soon!

10:35 AM  
Blogger PBS said...

Martini: Three brothers? That's a lot, any sisters? So you've hit someone of the opposite sex, I suppose!

10:37 AM  
Blogger katie said...

What interesting answers.
I am totally jealous that you have the day off! It was all I could do to crawl out of bed. Hope you spend it doing only things you want to do! Enjoy your weekend.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

Great answers

Thats quite the celebrity list. I see you skirted the MJ one LOL
Soooo who do you look like hmmmmm

Have a nice LONG weekend

12:42 PM  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

After you commented that you had done the same meme I had to come read it!!! I love your answers:)


BTW I finally got around to linking you, sorry it took me so long:)

1:45 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I like your list and you too.
Getting a Friday off sounds nice.Hope you have a great weekend..

2:09 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I think I have to do this one over the weekend---answers to these things are soooo interesting; I'd like to elieve they're revealing, but given my own dancing around, I'd guess people prevaricate where they can...

7:29 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I Loved this memeemememe LOL...your answers are so cool. Yaaaaay, for you having today off :) Me too...oops its my Saturday!

7:37 PM  
Blogger An Epistemology said...

I like reading others answers too, they are always interesting, I think.

11:05 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

I find it interesting also to find out a little more about those we read from time to time. I'll give it a whirl and take a break from the politics.

2:33 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Great answers. No work for me tomorrow, ladeda. :)

And I still didn't go to bed yet and it's after 4 am, didn't get out of work till almost 3am. Ugh. I know.

But I can sleep all day tomorrow if I want!! YAY!!

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home