Thursday, October 27, 2005

Today is my Friday!!

Today is my Friday because I have tomorrow off. With everything that Bosszilla has been throwing my way this week I’m sure glad, whew. I was looking forward to HER being gone today too, but as she was leaving she said, “See you tomorrow.” Drat, she must have changed her mind about taking both days off or (dare I hope) she made a mistake in her parting salutation.

I briefly lost my Evanescence “Fallen” CD in my shuffling it back and forth from car to home. I had thought I had grabbed it on the way to work and put it into the car CD player but when I pushed the button Sisters of Mercy music came out. That was OK for the ride to work and again on the way home, but what happened to “Fallen”? When my son came home late at night from work I started fussing about it to him. He looked for it too and then went out to the jeep. It was so quiet outside that I could hear him laughing. He came back inside shaking his head, “I’ve never seen that. Did the player work OK?” I thought back, I DID have to push the button about three times to persuade it to play, and it’s a brand new CD player. Apparently I had put “Fallen” inside the player right on top of Sisters of Mercy, so the bottom CD was the one that played. I’m glad to have recovered the “lost” CD but it was a bit scratched. Hope it still plays OK. I didn't know you could double-decker CDs and still have them (bottom one) play.

Have you ever done something (dumb) like that?

My blog has risen in value!



Last week it was in the negative numbers.

From my E-mail
Hard to please
A Wal-Mart store that sells husbands has just opened in Dallas, T X, where a woman may go to choose a husband from among many men.

Among the instructions at the entrance, is a description of how the store operates. There are only 6 floors. It states that the attributes of the men increase as the shopper goes up to the higher floors. There is, however, a catch....
As you open the door to any floor you may choose any man from that floor,
but if you go up a floor, you cannot go back down except to exit the building.

So, a woman goes to the Wal-Mart Husband Store to find a husband......
On the first floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men have jobs.

The second floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men have jobs and love kids.

The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love kids, and are extremely good looking.

"Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going. She goes to the fourth floor and the sign reads:
Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead good looking and help with the housework.

"Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!" but still, she goes to the fifth floor and the sign reads:
Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads:
Floor 6 - You are visitor 3,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.
Thank you for shopping Wal-Mart's Husband Store. Watch your step as you exit the building and have a nice day!

As we say around here too, have a nice day!

9 Comments:

Blogger Fizzy said...

WOW! a long weekend. A day off oh I am so glad you are having some time to yourself. Do something really really special that will make your day a memorable one.

I loved your story about your CD player. I do dumb things all the time can't quite remember one right now... or I am not as brave enough to own up to it.

lol have a good LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG weekend.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

what i'd give for a long weekend you lucky thing...

i've not heard a CD player doing that before, i will have to remember it...

have a great weekend...

:0)

6:34 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

The CD information is all on the bottom. It's read through that clear part.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

Oh good for you long weekend woo hoo!! I love fake Fridays! Have a good one :)

11:12 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

God is telling you to switch to heavy metal.

I once grabbed a can of cleaner, hosed down the stove top and counter, then wondered why it wasn't cleaning the way it should. Upon closer inspection, I realized I had just sprayed the kitchen with canola oil.

1:03 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

I've occasionally tried to insert a 2nd CD into my player having forgotten there's already one in. There's enough resistance that luckily I haven't yet doubled them up.
If you like Evanescence you might be fond of many of the European female-fronted metal bands that they're based off of: Lacuna Coil, the Gathering, Theater of Tragedy, After Forever, too many more to name. I think most of their websites have soundbites and they're popular enough that most music stores should carry their albums.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Great joke and so true about women, tee,hee.
I've never done anything wrong but I have heard that other people do..

9:14 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Define dumb.
Is putting a newly bought pair of shoes in the fridge and the milk at the front door dumb.

Have a nice weekend

12:22 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yaaaaaaaaay you got youself a long one!

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home