Saturday, October 01, 2005

It's better today

Another beautiful, sunny day today! I even had the ferrets outside after I came home from work yesterday. I’m feeling SO much better after a fairly good night’s sleep. Friday I was tired and the day was crappy, crazy, stressful, and demanding at work. My horoscope said:
Your emotions are riding on a rollercoaster, although you may attempt to keep them on the ground. Moods transform faster than you can integrate them with the Moon now back in your sign. Don't try to contain them or prevent them from morphing into what is next. Just enjoy the rapidly changing landscape as best you can.

Well, I didn’t enjoy my moods! I was exhausted and tired and everyone wanted something from me RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE! I got yelled at by Bosszila around 1:00 for not immediately doing something she had asked me to do. I was getting asked to do things by people above her, even and was totally swamped with work. I hadn’t had anything to eat and had too much work piled up and people waiting for my statistics to be able stop and eat. Again at 4:00 she came after me. That time she really laid into me for my trip! It seems that it was too expensive because so last minute. Huh? She hadn’t approved it until that very Monday and I can’t very well make arrangements with no approval—unless I want to use my paycheck to pay for it. She claims that she had Ok’d it on September 2nd.

Well the long, involved approval form (online) was not signed. I had talked to her a couple of times about it and had thought she was just going to drop it. I would have been happy NOT to go because I have so much work to do with these two events and all of the rest. Monday she had told me to go for it even when I told her that it might be expensive because so last minute. So guess what, yes it was an expensive trip and I had thought she was OK with it. More than OK, I thought she was urging me to go even when I was trying to get out of it!

Now, after it turned out to be a fantastically successful trip she’s yelling at me for the cost! I defended myself quietly but felt inner rage because she knows what time I got home last night, that I had had no lunch and had hustled all day long. She had laid in wait for me like a scorpion to attack when I was at my weakest. I bet she did hear about how I had cried in front of former Big Boss and the HR director and wanted to break me. I didn’t give her the satisfaction but it’s true that I could cry all too easily when I’m exhausted, hungry, tired, confused all at one time and get attacked. She left me with, “I will talk to you about this on Monday.”

Yeah, spoil my weekend with anticipation, too. What more is there to say about it? That she either has a very bad memory or is a liar? I’m not afraid of her but I am (justifiably) afraid of what she could do to me. She has a lot of power now. People who should know better listen to her and suck up, it’s very bad for me to have her after me. I love my job, darn it, and want to stay.

Aren’t you really tired of my work-drama tales of woe? I know that I sure am! It’s just like loving someone and seeing how everything could be so grand—-but it just isn’t and there doesn’t seem to be a way to fix the problem. She sure did ruin a wonderful trip.

Oh well, today is a gorgeous day and I plan to do fun things to put it in the back of my mind. We haven’t been to the Red Mug for the past couple of weeks because everyone’s been so busy. Maybe some of the scone club could meet there today. If not, I’ll find something else fun to do, as well as do a few necessary chores and errands.

What’s your plan for today? Hope you have a great and enjoyable Saturday!

from my E-mail
I was thinking: I've been on eight planes in the past two weeks! Since I love flying that part of my job (and most other parts) is pretty exciting and fun! Here are some flying jokes:

Flying Oneliners
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death ... I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."
-- At the entrance to the old SR-71 operating base Kadena, Japan

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."

"Blue water Navy truism: There are more planes in the ocean than submarines in the sky."
-- From an old carrier sailor

"When one engine fails on a twin-engine airplane you always have enough power left to get you to the scene of the crash."

"What is the similarity between air traffic controllers and pilots? If a pilot screws up, the pilot dies; If ATC screws up, the pilot dies."

"Never trade luck for skill."

"Weather forecasts are horoscopes with numbers."

"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."

"Flashlights are tubular metal containers kept in a flight bag for the purpose of storing dead batteries."

"When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten."

"There is no reason to fly through a thunderstorm in peacetime."
-- Sign over squadron ops desk at Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ, 1970

"If something hasn't broken on your helicopter, it's about to."

"You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal."

More Oneliners
The school should pay me to skip class. Call it a "tuition refund", if you will.

A Pessimist is what an Optimist calls a Realist.

I was wondering where my boomerang had landed - and then it came to me.

There is nothing more permanent than a temporary tax.

Scars: Tattoos with better stories.

Loved are the ones who are told of their faults in private.

A:\ B:\ C:\ - A new Alphabet.

Look after your wife; never mind yourself--she'll look after you.

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Say nothing . . . often.

Mothers of teenagers know why animals eat their young.

All the women moaning about finding a husband obviously never had one.

Everything is always okay in the end. If it's not, it's not the end.

You non-conformists are all alike.

Sign on a synagogue: Under same management for 5,765 years.

The extra mile isn't half as long as all those other miles.

A genius is someone who is screwed up in a useful way.

Life is really like a shower. One wrong turn and you're in hot water.

When two egotists meet, it's an I for an I.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

We're off on an Open Door trip. Many old churches and other buildings in littler towns are opening their doors for visitors today.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Sorry you have to deal with such a crabby boss.
Have fun this weekend. You deserve it..

10:40 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

What a crabby person she sounds. I am sorry you have to deal with her. Don't let her ruin your weekend.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Man that annoys me, how bosses put that "fear of anticipation" into on a Friday, so your whole weekend is ruined. I don't know about you, but whilst i say i'm not goig to think about it....i still do!! I hope you DON"T! Go enjoy yourself, you've earned it!

9:36 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

That's a hell of a person to have to deal with. She'll be a-roastin' in the afterlife!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home