Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Gone again until Friday

Another trip for work today! I fly to Cleveland at 7:00 a.m. this morning. And best of all? I’ll be ALONE. No co-workers are coming with me. There are a couple of things that will be different: I have to carry more money to pick up the taxi fees and meals. But then again, Bosszila and the co-workers left me at the airport to fend for myself with little money while they took off in the rental car last time. Nice people. They’ll be back at the office where I am not, and that’s a good thing.

I didn’t really like Cleveland at all last time, but the trip was tainted with the evildoings of Bosszila so I’m trying to keep an open mind and like it better this time around. I have a lot of work to do and meetings and all, so will be busy. This time I’ll try to take some photos. Sure wish I’d taken some in DC. Or better still, stayed longer in DC, as I love that place. But there was too much work to be done for our upcoming convention.

Came home last night to a Jury Summons! I've served twice and found it extremely interesting. Can't understand why most people try so hard to get out of it, I think it's educational and that everyone should do it at least once. Plus serving on a jury is one of the duties of a good citizen. So I was all excited until I read the date--the date of our convention! Drat, I wonder if they could move me to a week later? A few years back the same thing happened and they just told me "no, but thanks for volunteering." So I'm afraid the same thing will happen again this time.

From my E-mail
Subject: BORN A LUTHERN
>>>
Eino--a Finlander from Cook County in northern Minnesota--
was an older, single gentleman who was born and raised a Lutheran.
Each Friday night after work, he would fire up his outdoor grill and
cook a venison steak.
>>>
Now, all of Eino's neighbors were Catholic.....and since it was Lent,
they were forbidden from eating meat on Fridays. The delicious aroma from
the grilled venison steaks was causing such a problem for the
Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their priest.
>>>
The priest came to visit Eino, and suggested that Eino convert to
Catholicism. After several classes and much study, Eino attended Mass.....and as
the priest sprinkled holy water over Eino, he said, "You were born a
Lutheran and raised a Lutheran, but now you are Catholic."
>>>
Eino's neighbors were greatly relieved, until Friday night arrived,
and the wonderful aroma of grilled venison filled the neighborhood.
>>>
The priest was called immediately by the neighbors and, as he rushed
into Eino's yard, clutching a rosary and prepared to scold Eino, he
stopped in amazement and watched......
>>>
There stood Eino, clutching a small bottle of water which he
carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat, and chanted: "You were
born a deer, and raised a deer, but now you are a walleye.

Your Seduction Style: Prized Object

The seduction game you play is tried, true, and still effective: hard to get.
You know that the best seducers turn the tables - and get their crush to seduce them.
The one running has the power, and you're a challenge that is worth the chase.

You are a master of enticing and pulling back. Giving a little and taking some away.
You are controlled enough to know rewards come after a long seduction dance.
Even though you want to call, email, or say "I love you" first - you don't!

You're style is the perfect mix of hot and cold - so much so that you have many suitors.
Think Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's ... or any of those creepy guys from the Bachelor.
You're skilled at inspiring a chase. The real test is picking the person to slow down for.


Happy Hump Day!

11 Comments:

Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

happy hump day, and here if you've done it twice in the same few years then you can sometimes get out of it...and you can also ask to be deffered which is what i did when it clashed with my holiday...but i suppose its a change...

and i love the photo btw...i really should post one of me soon...

:0)

6:16 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Have a good time away! I've always fancied serving on a jury too. Only trouble is there would be no way I could not tell anyone what was going on. They'd either have to sequester me or send me to gaol for contempt of court! ;-)

8:26 AM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

Happy HUMP HUMP too!!!! Lol!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

They never allow me to serve on juries, even though I tell them up front I can spot guilty people in an instant. I've even volunteered to act as executioner to sweeten the deal, but they were all like "We appreciate your enthusiasm but this is about a traffic violation." Bunch of legal wusses. :p

9:02 AM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

For some reason I have always wanted to go to Cleveland, so hopefully it is better this time for you I doubt I will ever make it there!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Hope your trip is full of fun..

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip.
I've never been called up for jury service, I think it would make me very nervous but I can see it would be interesting. My ex had a horrible case when he did it & he was really shaken up by it so I think that's what's stuck in my head!

1:18 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

I'm sure any city (even Cleveland) will seem nice without the dumb co-workers. Have fun.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

there is nothing better than a solo work trip. Try to make the best of Cleveland. Hope you have a good time.

10:55 PM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Have a safe trip!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Happy Hump Day! Yaaaaaaaay a jury summons, too bad you don't live down under!
Have a great time, i may borrow your seducer whilst your away!

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home