Saturday, September 24, 2005

Bring on the water

It's bright and early in the morning and I just got home from the farm. Friday was a busy day of trying to catch up with all the work. I worked almost 10 hours and made a small dent at least. SLA was doing something with her family, so I came home and scrambled some eggs. For some reason I have a weird craving for them. Maybe it's from all the breakfasts that I missed at our event, while stationed at the registration desk. I was so busy that I missed eating in general. While we were waiting for the flight home at the DC airport we ate at a TGI Friday's where I had the most awesome salad I ever had in my whole life. It was a Pecan Chicken Salad with craisins and goat cheese. It might just been so very good because I was so hungry.

Also I'm trying to rehydrate after not drinking much water for the entire week. I couldn't leave to GET any water, nor for any bathroom breaks. At Union Station one of our clients brought me a water with a lime in it from the buffet upstairs. It helped.

Anyway, when I came home from visiting Vegetable Man it was after 3:00 a.m. My hair had massage oil in it but at least smelled good. My son was home from work and still up, awake and making himself something to eat. He asked, "What did you guys DO for over seven hours?" Um, "talk and watch TV" I said.




You're Canada!

People make fun of you a lot, but they're stupid because you've
got a much better life than they do.  In fact, they're probably just jealous.
 You believe in crazy things like human rights and health care and not
dying in the streets, and you end up securing these rights for yourself and
others.  If it weren't for your weird affection for ice hockey, you'd be
the perfect person.

Take
the Country Quiz at the href="http://bluepyramid.org">Blue Pyramid



I'm going to bed now and hope to make blog rounds later when I get up. Have a great Saturday!

12 Comments:

Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

ooh that salad sounds fantastic, i love applebees oriental salad, and I had scrambled eggs for dinner last night, spooky...

and i'm trying not to even think about the situations you got yourself in with the massage oil...lol

have a great weekend

:0)

5:37 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

ooh and i am France, i don't think thats a good thing...lol

:0)

5:43 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I am cyprus. That salad sounds lovely. I hope you get yourself back into your routine again.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

Thanks for the tribute. Canada rocks!
EH??!!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Hockey training cmp is on, eh?

7:05 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That salad sounds delicous! I use massage oil in my hair, unfortunately it arrives in my hair via different means than yours!!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh Tuna & Egg salads in Cyprus mmmm mmmm! I am going to be talking non stop about Cyprus for some time!!! Have a fab weekend! x

11:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

now you have me thinking about eggs, plus there's that song by Jewel where she mentions them. I'm off to the kitchen...!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

PBS so glad you're back! :)

It's always great to see that you've stopped by my place...

Boy oh boy, now you have made me hungry for salad!

2:54 PM  
Blogger dot said...

my favorite bloggers are all canadian. Their blogs aren't as rigid and structured as american blogs seem to be. They seem more Zen.

Union station is pretty, isn't it?

thanks for your support, PBs. I know I've been a nut lately.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

talk and watch tv huh? I'll have to remember that lol

Bet your body is soaking that water in real fast today.

3:49 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Oooh ahhh! I got Thailand! I wasn't expecting that!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home