Monday, September 26, 2005

Two mini micro mysteries

My trip, even though not all that long, has finally caught up with me! I got very tired while visiting my Mom yesterday. Got groceries on the way home, did a few things around the house and went to bed at a fairly early hour.

Also, my appetite has come back again after being absent for weeks. This isn’t so good, as I’m back to the old feeling of being hungry much of the time. My appestat must have reset itself in my body, I guess. And here I was looking forward to continuing to lose some weight!

Too tired to think of anything interesting to blog about. A couple of other cool things happened on my trip but I’m not up to explaining them right now.

My small travel alarm clock went off an hour too early this morning. That happened on Friday morning too, so I had reset it to correct the problem. I looked at it this morning and could not figure out what went wrong until I realized the TIME was set an hour too early. I was looking right at it and the wall clock, but mentally adding an hour to the wall clock! I had been doing that while on the trip because I couldn’t change my wristwatch. Still on Eastern Time, I guess.

The other mini-mystery was that I found a nightcrawler on my livingroom floor last night. It was raining out all day, and there were nightcrawlers outside but how on earth did one get into the house? I’m thinking it might have been when I first got back from my trip to Mom’s/groceries and had the door open for a while to carry in all the water and groceries. Still, the door had been open early in the evening and I found the nightcrawler right before I went to bed! Do you have any cool theories on how it might have happened?

You Are A: Duck!

duckFound in many lakes and ponds, ducks are a common site the world over. Known for their famous quack, ducks tend to congregate in flocks or go off on their own in pairs. As a duck, you may seem friendly at times but will not hesitate to bite if someone is bothering you. Your love for travel and your ability to swim are some reasons why you are a duck.

You were almost a: Lamb or a Bunny
You are least like a: Kitten or a GroundhogCute Animals Quiz


from my E-mail:
Subject: Wedding

Two brooms were hanging in the closet. After a while they got to know
each other so well, they decided to get married.

One broom was, of course, the bride broom, the other the groom broom.
The bride broom looked very beautiful in her white dress The groom
broom was handsome and suave in his tuxedo. The wedding was lovely.

After the wedding, at the wedding dinner, the bride-broom leaned over
and said to the groom-broom, "I think I am going to have a little whisk broom!!!"
>
"IMPOSSIBLE!!" said the groom broom.
>
Are you ready for this?
>
Brace yourself; this is going to hurt.
>>
>
Keep going down.
>
>
"WE HAVEN'T EVEN SWEPT TOGETHER!"
>
> Oh for goodness sake...laugh, or at least groan. Life's too short not
to enjoy.....even these silly little cute jokes
>
Sounds to me like she's been "sweeping" around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>


Hope you have a great Monday and start of your week!

11 Comments:

Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

see i always have to rack my brain with something to blog about, the past week hasn't been too bad, i'm sure life will catch up with your time difference soon too...

and i am always doing that with my clock, on our road trips sometimes we pass thru five or more different time zones, it really gets you freaked out sometimes...

hope you have a good day...

:0)

6:22 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

A nightcrawler, huh? Just heading for higher ground I suppose! :)

P.S. - I was a little ducking! :)

6:41 AM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

Nightcrawlers gross me out, bad.


Have a good Monday, if that is possible :)

7:41 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out...

Sorry, just HAD to say it. :)

I loved the joke, sweeping around, hehhee.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

LOL!!! Get a b-room.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i'm assuming a nightcrawler is a wormy thing...??

9:48 AM  
Blogger katie said...

That was a real groaner!
It always takes a few days to get resettled after travel. Hope your monday goes well!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hate being in the wrong time zone! I keep telling people what time it is in Cyprus at the moment. They'll soon be sooooo fed up with me!!!

Loved your jokes they made my day!
x

2:08 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Maybe the nightcrawler was stuck to the grocery bag?

That joke swept me off of my feet.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I too get stuck for blogging material, specially if i'm not in the mood to rant. The quiz's are fun though. I'm a "Pony"....
Never heard of night crawlers...are they bugs?

4:27 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

What is a nightcrawler?

oooooo and why can't I be a duck? I am supposed to be a sheep!!
Seems a bit unfair to me

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home