Sunday, August 28, 2005

A Sunday mix

Yesterday turned out pretty well even though even the Scone Club meeting fell through too! At first it seemed it was going to be nothing but a doomed day, but picked up later when Pseudo Son (who had basically lived with us for six years in the old, big house in town) came over for my birthday and we all watched a movie he had just bought, “Sin City” I loved it! It’s a violent but elegant movie taken from a comic. I loved the stylized shots and the quotes. Probably you’ve already seen it.

We also had fast food, my first in ages and some chips and dip, something I’ve also stayed away from for the past couple of months. But I didn’t overindulge, was just moderately bad. It’s funny, but not drinking as much coffee and taking different sorts of vitamins have really made a difference in cravings and hunger. I used to be hungry a lot, I’m not anymore, and that’s good.

I finished "The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing" by Melissa Bank. It was a good read, but didn’t evolve as much as I had hoped and the ending seemed a rather quick wrap-up. Oh well, I enjoyed reading it and there’s a used copy at Amazon for .22! Of course you’d need to pay shipping and handling but I have purchased books that inexpensively from Amazon many times. But the BEST way is to borrow the book! The copy I read was borrowed from somebody at work. Now I'm bringing it and "The Little White Car" to my Mom to read.

We all went shopping yesterday too, and I bought my Mom flowers, red roses (whose suggestion was that? It was in a comment, thanks!) and two weird jigsaw puzzles one with orchids. She likes the unusual and difficult ones that take even her a long time to put together. Again, I just couldn’t sleep in today. Woke up early but at least not as early as yesterday!

Off to enjoy my (our) birthday with my Mom. Have a nice Sunday!







Your Birthdate: August 28

Your birth on the 28th day of the month (1 energy) adds a tone of independence and extra energy to your Life Path.

The number 1 energy suggest more executive ability and leadership qualities than your path may have indicated.

A birthday on the 28th of any month gives greater will power and self-confidence, and very often a rather original approach.

Unlike much of the other 1 energy, this birthday is one that endow with the ability to start a job and continue on until it is finished.

You may prefer to use the broad brush, but you can handle details as well.

You are sensitive, but your feelings stay somewhat repressed.

You have a compelling manner that can be dominating in many situations.




from my E-mail
The Secret to Success
Two old friends met one day after many years. One had graduated from college, but never had much ambition. The other had not attended college and now was very successful.

The college guy, impressed with his friend's success, said, "How has everything been going with you?"

"Well, one day I opened the Bible at random, and dropped my finger on a word and it was oil. So, I invested in oil, and boy, did the oil wells gush. Then another day I dropped my finger on another word and it was gold. So, I invested in gold and those mines really produced. Now, I'm almost as rich as Bill Gates."

The financially-constrained friend was so impressed that he rushed to his hotel, grabbed a Gideon Bible, flipped it open, and dropped his finger on a page. He opened his eyes and his finger rested on the words, "Chapter Eleven."

12 Comments:

Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

i missed SIN CITY. the promo for the movie was non-existent... :(

I wanted to sing Happy Birthday to you... but we do not want to ruin the weather, do we? ;P

7:02 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Junk food makes you hungry. I've been hungry a lot lately.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

{Happy Birthday!}
I liked the Bible joke. We just saw Meet the Fokkers last night, pretty funny.
I hope you have a great day!

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wicked birthday!
Hope you & your mum have a lovely day.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

Happy B-day


I want to see Sin City but I don't want to go to Blockbuster, geez I am lazy!!

12:06 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Oh, I want junk food, preferably birthday cake.

Have a wonderful birthday. :)

2:03 PM  
Blogger dan said...

my birthday means more hair loss and an expanding waistline. okay, that answer wasn't generated my the machine computery quizzy thingy.

happy birthday

8:01 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

happy birthday!!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Sin City is great, did you know Quentin Tarantino directed half on it?
Glad you had a great day!

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Bday.

Haven't seen Sin City yet, however it's in the que on Netflix.

10:13 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Happy Birthday for sure. My son's b-day is the 26th and Magicfingers is the 31st...happy birthday all...and to your Mom!

1:44 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Happy belated birthday! I am slowly catching up on things.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home