Monday, August 29, 2005

Monday, yawn

Yawn, I'm pretty tired this morning. Not only is it Monday morning but my son woke me up about four times last night with reports about the hurricane. He and Pseudo Son are very interested in weather and the hurricane is interesting and terrible. I hope it will miss doing damage to New Orleans or to anywhere and go and die out in a swamp or something. I'm hoping that someday soon scientists will be able to use some sort of an energy force and neutralize these destructive storms.

Well, I had a great birthday yesterday and scored some really good loot, although that’s not what it’s all about! While I was out visiting with my Mom, my younger brother phoned her. He and his family are coming up to see Mom next weekend. I haven’t seen them since Christmas, so hope when I come out next Sunday they still will be there. My other brother is in France with his family. And it’ll be fun to see their photos when they return.

Younger brother is still competitive with me, I can’t understand why; he’s surpassed me in just about every measurable way: longevity of marriage, production of children, size of house, and especially—income. He was telling me how many hours he works, making sure it was more than my hours. Yeah, I know he works a lot. I used to work two full-time jobs until I wised up and realized that I had to fit a life in there somewhere too. But I didn’t argue or say anything, I just listened. It works the best to get him to change the subject when he doesn’t get a one-up or a rise out of me! It’s only been the last ten years or so that we haven’t fought like cats and dogs every time we get together! Might be why I don’t see him or his family much.

I’ve been tagged by Aims at Clutter’s Blog for the Triple Threat Meme:

3 Screen names I've had so far
1. PBS
2. my other one that I never want coupled with my new one! (Bosszila googles us!)
3. that's all, hopefully no new future blogs will be necessary

3 Physical things I like about myself
1. face
2. eyes
3. hair

3 Physical things I don't like about myself
1. fingernails
2. belly
3. feet

3 Parts of my heritage
(there ARE only 3 parts)
1. French
2. Irish
3. German

3 Things I am wearing right now
1. nightgown
2. bare feet
3. nothing else

3 Favorite Bands/Musical Artists
(this changes, these are what I’m currently listening to)
1. Seether
2. Shinedown
3. 3 Doors Down

3 Things I want in a relationship
1. a guy who loves me deeply
2. a man who listens and can converse intelligently
3. a guy who loves to go places and do new things, not a stay-at-home slug-type

2 Truths and a Lie
1. I’m a true Virgo
2. I used to work for a police department
3. I’m secretly married. (OK, none of these are truths, what does that say about me?!)

3 Things about the preferred sex that appeal to me
1. wit and intelligent conversation
2. good listener as well as an entertaining talker
3. kindness—to everyone and every thing

3 Favorite Hobbies
1. new experiences
2. writing and reading
3. nature and gardening

3 Things I want to do badly right now
1. change jobs
2. have more free time, less work
3. spend time with Vegetable Man

3 Things that scare me
1. violence
2. injuries to others or to myself
3. senseless cruelty

3 Of my everyday essentials
1. my journel notebook
2. my portable bottled water
3. my friends! (including blogging friends, of course!)

3 Careers I have considered or am considering
1. Ad writer
2. full time farmer
3. social worker

3 Places I want to go on vacation
1. England
2. France
3. Italy or Spain

3 Things I want to do before I die
1. have more experiences
2. meet more people
3. make more friends

3 Ways I am stereotypically a boy
1. love football and beer
2. I like to keep things simple and uncomplicated
3. I love really rockin’ music!

3 Ways I am stereotypically a girl
1. I can be very emotional
2. I can change my mind very suddenly, like instantaneously!
3. I love scents and nice, pretty things

3 Celeb Crushes
(and I thought it was difficult to pick just seven…!)
1. Matthew McConaughey
2. David Duchovny
3. Rob Lowe

3 People I want to tag for this meme:
1.people who want to do this
2.people with interesting confessions to make
3.people who respond to the count of 1, 2, 3…

from my E-mail
Cheaper Perfume
After being away on business, Tim thought it would be nice to bring his wife a little gift. "How about some perfume?" he asked the cosmetics clerk. She showed him a bottle costing $50.00.

"That's a bit much," said Tim, so she returned with a smaller bottle for $30.00. "That's still quite a bit," Tim complained.

Growing annoyed, the clerk brought out a tiny $15.00 bottle. "What I mean," said Tim, "is I'd like to see something really cheap."

The clerk handed him a mirror.

Optometrist
We were helping customers when the store optometrist walked by and flirted with a co-worker. Of course, we all had to stop what we were doing to tease her. But she quickly dismissed the notion of a budding romance.

"Can you imagine making out with an optometrist?" she asked. "It would always be, 'Better like this...or like this?'"

(borrowed from Reader's Digest)


Have a great Monday!

18 Comments:

Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

have a sexy and wonderful week!

Go crazy,k!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Glad to hear you had a good birthday!!! :)

Yeah, I've been watching that hurricane too...after the three we went thru last year, I have a COMPLETE AND TOTALLY new respect for hurricanes. I said a little prayer for the folks in New Orleans this morning...they're going to need all the prayers they can get.

Loved the meme...as you know, I'll probably steal it from you...:)

Have a great day! :)

7:06 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Happy happy belated birthday! So sorry I missed it. My daughter's birthday was also yesterday... it was a day for nice people to be born for sure!

I love the Meme... you did a great job on it, as usual. If I had more time, I'd jump on that bandwagon.

Celebrate all week long ... you deserve it!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Love the perfume joke!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I am glad you had a good time yesterday. I understand the thing with your brother. I think that is problem that my younger sister has. I just sit back now and let her get on with it.
I am also thinking about those in New Orleans. It sounds far too scary

11:29 AM  
Blogger Amber Lynn said...

Little brothers...sheesh....

I like mine more and more the older he gets. But people who try to "out do" me...that's really annoying. I have secret talents but none that are obvious so in most areas of sizing up, I come up short.

http://confessionsofachristian.blogspot.com

11:33 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Happy birthday!!
I am also keeping my thoughts with those in Katrina's path. It isn't very often that I am glad to be land locked, but now is one of those times!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Happy belated birthday! your weekend sounded pretty good all round. and your meme answers sort of fit with the What your Birth Date Means post....

5:43 PM  
Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

I like how the hobbits give away birthday loot on their own b-days . . . but i guess that could get competitive too . . .

6:12 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I bet your brother has low self-esteem. Money and "more" isn't everything. You figured out that you have to live your life. Some people work so much that they can't enjoy it. Some children grow up not seeing their parents very much and that is sad.
Happy Birthday......

7:07 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!
Keep enjoying!
:)

7:49 PM  
Blogger JR said...

Thanks for the B-day wishes.
Happy Birthday to you too.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Glad you had a good birthday. Too bad your brother is so competitive, but maybe that shows that he really must admire you since he is always trying to impress you

8:56 PM  
Blogger Carol (Smiles and Laughter) said...

Glad to hear your birthday was great!!

Siblings...go figure!

I love those meme's. You learn a lot.

9:43 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

I have always been glad that I don't have siblings. They probably are too.

1:48 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday!
Loved the unusal meme, and your answers of course! :)

6:57 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Happy Belated birthday to you! I am sorry I missed it!

Loved your 3 Things answers. It is so hard to cut down those celeb crushes, isn't it?

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! thanks for doing it! I still gotta do another "thing before I die" oops I forgot about that!! Must remember!!!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home