Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Still got it going on

Remember my October 7th post about the cold I had? Well, probably you don't remember as it's not all that noteworthy except to me. But here's the thing - I STILL HAVE IT. In fact my throat was so sore I could barely swallow and the coughing thing is annoying. Many times I've coughed so hard that I have vomited. Or perhaps that was from the tea with honey and lemon juice. Oh how I hate that tea now! Used to like it. But it does seem to ease the sore throat a bit. The four days/nights without heat in the house didn't help to get rid of this cold, or whatever it is, I'm sure.

Still, I've gone to work spreading my germs. I had a brand new visitation to observe last night. With a new visitation the Supervised Visitation Observer must go over the paperwork and the rules. I could barely talk, voice was gone and the effort made me cough and cough. I ended up just pointing out things as I couldn't read them out loud. How attractive and professional! Isn't that sad? But I need the money. And also have no health care.
Added later: I've been thinking (just a smidgen) about the 400 hours of sick time I lost at the old job...no paid sick at the new job. There are no benefits at all.

Today I went to the pharmacy and got a generic drug, well two versions: a daytime and a night-time. The dosage is 2 tablets for every four hours but I've never tolerated cold medicine well, so broke a tablet in half and took just the half. I was glad I did, since there was driving to be done and even the half-tablet made me pretty spacey. (Too bad I didn't have a new visitation to go over the rules with--now THAT might have been fun!) It has helped though, there's been fewer spasms of coughing since then.

As to the historic election of yesterday? All I can say is that chant that was heard around the White House, "Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, gooooodbye."
Added later: Even if it had gone the other way, the election would have been historic. I thought up another appropriate song: Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!

ps. There are a couple of my favorite blogs that I'm no longer able to get on to read or make comments! If that's you, can you please re-invite me? (if you want to, that is!)

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

I'm still froggy from the cold I have a couple of weeks ago. I alternate from having to clear my throat every five minutes, to having one of those tickly throats that make me choke on the water that I drink to relieve it.

Lemon, honey, grated ginger and hot water is also good.

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WORD VERIFICATION: pashing *giggle*

Is President Obama going to do anything about the health care system over there? I sure hope so because I think it's terrible that so many folks can't get the medical attention they need because of insurance.

I hope you get better soon. A bad cold and especially a cough, can really make you feel miserable.

1:40 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

those generic cold things with the daytime/nighttime formula work for me---and I find I sleep well too. We get a flu shot at work if we want one, and I'll be lining up for that too.

Hope you're feeling better soon

2:46 AM  
Blogger Middle Ditch said...

Thanks for following my blog. I'll try and get here more often.

Glad your cold is getting a bit better.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you're feeling better soon, PBS. It's a sad thing about health care, but remember what Mr. Bush said. Everyone has access to the emergency room! :P

The best thing for you is to get some rest and let your body recover. If that cough persists you might want to consider an emergency clinic or something though. It can be dangerous to let it settle into your lungs.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Feel better soon!!

And try some extra vitamin C...

2:26 PM  
Blogger Dotm said...

Those sore throats at this time of year seem to hang on longer. I finally saw my Dr last Friday to be sure I didn`t have more than just that awful sore throat. Hard when it hurts so much just to swallow. I hope you are feeling better now. Mine has let up some, but still fighting to get rid of it.
Good luck and hope you are feeling better.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

If y ou still have that cold it only means you;re not eating right or not enough rest.
That would have been hiastoric if it had lasted longer to.
I for one am glad its over and am happy for Obama for many reasons.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home