Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho

YES! The three required job shadowings are finally scheduled! One for Friday morning, one for Friday evening and one for Saturday late afternoon. Then there's a 4:00 PM meeting on Monday for me to presumably sign up for shifts on my own. Exciting! A bit scary too. I'll have to watch really closely and see how things are handled, how to act, what to do and say. I like the idea of learning by shadowing, and we'll see just how well it works out.

I just finished a meeting with the Worker's Comp job person. She gave me five new job leads that I must follow up in 48 hours. Tomorrow is that appointment with the bone doctor and another WC person will accompany me to that one.

Watched a horrendous show on public TV last night. I think it was called "Critical Care" or something like that. The show followed several people with medical issues (cancer was one of the issues) through the medical maze when they had no health care insurance coverage. Scary and so so sad. I think all but one of the people died--basically for lack of timely health care. The financial and emotional hardship on those who were ill--with no or little recourse to good medical care--and on their families was so heartbreaking. I've heard some say that total health care would be too expensive but some financial figures were bandied about that NOT covering people turns out to cost taxpayers and health care enrollees even more.

On a lighter note, a couple of days ago I borrowed the 5th season of Buffy from the public library and am eagerly anticipating watching those episodes! Probably late at night.

OK, the question of the day for you is: What are you eagerly anticipating?!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Grant said...

Sleep.

12:37 PM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

Thanks for swinging by my place.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Wow...that waaay cool getting to do your schedual and all.(closing eyes wishing for that to happen to me)lol...(wish....wish....wish...)
CRAP! Nothing happened.Still stuck w/ my same funky hours.
Ummm...anticipating a hot sweaty sexxy guy at my door step in the next 3 minutes.
OKAY! Unreachable goal.
So...I suppose I'll just anticipate winning the diversity board competition.
take care,hun
hugggggggs

4:45 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Spring LOL

How can you go for work appointments when you;re working. I dont understand it.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Getting over the horriblest flu I've ever had.

Enjoy the Buffy. The ending of the last episode made me go all wet-eyed - still does, whenever I re-watch it.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Thanks for stopping by our photo contest!

I plan to come back and read more on your site as time permits:)

Kate

9:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was eagerly looking forward to running a 5k on Saturday, but after running this morning and not doing well I'm more scared I'll embarrass myself.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

As shallow as it sounds, I am anticipating the new fall television schedule. I have several no-miss shows (Heroes, Lost, The Amazing Race. 30 Rock, The Office) and I am sort of looking forward to just hanging out in front of the boob tube instead of being productive...

And yes, it just angers me to no end that people (my sisters) are so against universal health care. Good lord, we need to get on board with this.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home