Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Baby, it's COLD outside. And INside

No, this isn't another story about a baby, well, maybe about a big baby, me! It's COLD in here! The furnace blower went out again some time yesterday. I didn't get home until 10:00 PM and the house was CHILLY. It's quite one thing to have 50 degree weather outside but inside it's uncomfortable, for sure. I slept wearing gloves, hat and robe. The pajamas I ran in the dryer to warm them up before putting them on. Still, it was like camping outside--in this near-wintery weather. Brrrrrr. Right now the temperature is below 50 degrees inside, like in the 40's. This is not good for my house plants, the ones that survived the drought when I was on crutches and couldn't water them often enough. It's been a bad, and a fatal year for most of them.

Needless to say, I won't be doing much blog reading or commenting today. It's just too chilly to type without gloves and too clumsy with them on. I'm waiting for the repair people to call me back. They said they can't look at it today until after hours, which has an additional $150 fee. I asked them to waive that fee because this is the THIRD time the furnace blower has gone out and the third time (last 2 times were last spring) that I have called them to fix it. The furnace ran all night long but not a whisper of warm air came out of it. Stay warm!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Grant said...

If you don't have a fireplace, pick a closet you don't like and call it the fireplace. Old clothes burn well.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oooohhh you poor thing. There is nothing worse than being cold in bed.


It's heating up here very quickly. It's still only spring and yet we have had some really hot temps already. I think it's going to be another record breaking scorching summer.


I hope they fix your furnace soon and for good this time.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope they got it fixed. Wal-mart and Target have those little space heaters usually on sale for about $20. We use one in the bedroom because otherwise it's too hot in the living room and too cold in the bedroom. And we can just have it on at night and save energy during the day.

It does cost extra to run one, but not as much as a blower. Most of them are pretty energy efficient.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Below 50 is getting a wee bit nippy. Hope it's fixed by now.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

We have a space heater and I swear by that thing...

I hope all is fixed...

9:00 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Yikes...that is COLD! I hope you

9:12 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I meant to say, I hope you stay warm!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Holy CRAP! I'd have to break my dining room table to pieces and start a fire in the living room if it were that cold inside!!!

Have they fixed it yet?

8:34 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

Man that really sucks.
I hope they fixed it by now and you're nice and toast again.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

You're telling US to stay warm? My God, you sound practically solid at the moment lol

Poor you...I hope those repair people turned up to sort it all out and by now you are feeling toasty and warm.

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home