Tuesday, October 07, 2008

and then come the germs

Oh dear, do I ever have a sore throat, can barely swallow and I'm almost never, ever sick. Working with families with babies and little kids brought it on, I'm sure. I remember when my son at daycare used to bring home all the little flu, cold and fever germs currently going around. But even then, everyone else but me would get sick.

Oh well, some nice warm brandy with honey and lemon will help. Make that several of them.... I almost never take cold medicine, that nasty stuff that just makes a person feel even worse. The only time I took some was years ago when we all had walking pneumonia and I had to travel for work, I was sucking down the Nyquill every couple of hours during the day and on the flights to and fro. It worked to get me through but I was just so doggone CHEERFUL and vocal during the day-long staff meetings! By the time I got back home, though, I pretty much wanted to roll up into a little ball and die, except I couldn't breathe when lying down and had to sleep in the recliner. Glad I don't get sick very often. Although those upcoming brandies sound really good.

What do you do when you get sick, how do you pamper yourself?

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Sorry PBS...I know I haven't visited in ages but I just wanted to stop by and see what you've been up to. I've read all the way back from where I've left off and I see you've been really busy.


Congrats on the new job, that's really wonderful and it's about time the tide started turning for you.


I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling too good though. Get better soon. You'll soon build up an immunity again to all those kiddy germs.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I do something similar only it's with rum ior whiskey. I squeeze a bit of lemon in it along with some honey and vinegar, heat it up in the microwave and sip it while it's hot. It tastes HORRIBLE....but it does wonders for a sore throat. Hope you feel better soon.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Green tea and miso soup.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When I am feeling congested or have a sore throat I get a craving for chicken noodle soup. I think the saltiness of the soup helps.

Warm brandy with honey and lemon sounds marvelous though.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

I'msorry its all my fault.
I had the flu when you stopped y :(

Camomile tea with honey and some tylenol for the headache you're going to get if you dont have it yet

11:08 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

I do what I've been doing for the last month or so - take drugs and soldier on and hope my partner does the cooking.

1:40 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I'm a loner when I'm sick; then I feel sorry for myself because no one is checking on me every 10 minutes.

2:27 AM  
Blogger JY69 said...

Oh no!!! Well.. I curl up under the covers with nice hot soup...chicken noodle if it is in the US and when I was home, my mother used to make traditional Cantonese congee...like a porridge... that healed me up in no time! Unfortunately, there is no one to make it for me now... LOL
JYankee

8:12 AM  
Blogger molly said...

Boiling water with a jigger of Irish whiskey, some cloves, honey and a little lemon---a hot toddy. Better than all the drugs in the world!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home