Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Up

Did you see the TV show "49 Up" last night? I don't watch much TV but had seen one of the "Up" shows and wanted to see the latest one, broadcast on public television--PBS--my namesake, lol.

If you don't know, the premise is that the film maker followed a batch of children in England, filming interviews with them every seven years. The first film interviews were when they were seven years old and it was called "7 Up" and other films/interviews were done at 14, 21, etc. until this last one at 49 years old. It's fascinating to see how their lives unfolded! I'd like to see all of the "Up" shows and will ask about them in the library the next time I go there. Hope you all are well and doing fine!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger sumo said...

Glad to see you back...

8:42 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Those shows sound really interesting. I may have to just check into them myself.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

That sounds SO much more interesting than The Bionic Woman....

2:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, if I'd known it was on I would have definitely watched it. I think I have it on my Netflix list though so hopefully I'll be seeing it soon.

Glad to see you around and I hope you're doing well.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Good to see you back!

The 7Up series is absolutely brilliant. If you can get a hold of them I'd definitely recommend it. One of the stories is a real heart-wrencher. Compulsive viewing!

They've stared a new series of it too. 7Up 2000 or something.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That sounds like a really cool show!

I've been watching that new show "Pushing Daisies"...in fact, I've got a little crush on the star. I'm posting all about it tomorrow! :)

12:22 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Isn't that such a great commitment to follow these people around for so long. I haven't seen it but have heard of it. Brilliant concept.

How are things? It's good to see you back.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I love that series!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I have heard about them but not watched them. I think the new series is called " a child of our times" it follows the lives of a group of children born in Millenium New Years day.

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home