Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ready, set...

The old realtor lockbox is gone and the new one installed. Today is the first day of my new listing, for three months. Even though the best, prime sales time has come and gone, I'm still hoping for the best. But as Gypsy said, there may be a reason that the house didn't sell:

For one thing I would have lost my garden and the opportunity to harvest from all my work.

Another thing is that the kids are moving back into town, probably on October 15--and they're going to live here in the bottom floor! My son is thinking that maybe I won't have to sell the house then, but that's only if they can pay me a pretty good sum in rent money. And they won't even have jobs, at first, let alone a paycheck or some "spare" money.

So we'll see...the house is still up for sale because I couldn't pay the mortgage all myself this time. The jeep repairs and all the extermination fees for shampoo, spray, powder, etc. took up my "spare" money, which wasn't really spare, of course, but needed for bills. With the utility bill rising in the cold weather, I expect a shortage at the end of this month too. So I still think I need to sell but having the kids living here is going to complicate that. But it sure will be good to see them! I miss them.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

I'm thinking Gypsey is right. Your house didn't sell for a reason. Are you sure you can't swing it with your son there? I know how much you love that house...I just wish there was some way to have your cake and eat it too.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm still seeing 100% financing signs up here in Ohio.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I have always believed in things working out the way they are supposed to. Now the kids are going to be moving back to town and hopefully get jobs, it could be a win/win situation all round. They will have an affordable place to live, you will have help with the mortgage and you get to stay where you're happy. I see happy faces all round.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Whatever is going to happen is meant to happen. Maybe the kids will get great jobs and be able to help you with that mortgage. Maybe they won't and you will sell...

But, in the end, it will all work out exactly as it is supposed to.

6:41 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Sorry that the listing and the snafu with the other Realtor was sour. He doesn't sound ethical...but you just found that out. Yeah, the kids sort of complicate things...but I'd sell if the opportunity comes. They sound as if they are possibly unsettled still...and that won't help you ultimately with your house.

3:42 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

I hope things work out for you, PB. You sure deserve a break!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Just caught up with you again! Wow, you've been living la vida loca, except not in a good way. I'm hoping things even out for you, and that the 22 pounds stays wherever you left it.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I hope that everything works out for you, I too believe that things always work out for the best (if not a bit painful at the time)
Fingers crossed for you

10:33 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

I hope that whatever happens it will be for the best, so I'm thinking good thoughts for you.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

Things happen for a reason and maybe the house is meant to be yours but i think you should be looking for whats best for you and the kids could use staying with you for a little while to find work and another place to live while you try to sell that house

5:38 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hey girl I've been missing you. Can you come over to my blog, I've got something for you. Hope to see you soon.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home