Monday, October 01, 2007

One of them could have been mine

I think I have a talent for complicating situations. Last week the real estate listing ran out on Sept 25 (my brother's and Fizzy's birthday!) but the agent asked if he could bring someone through after that. I let him do it because they were interested and I'm running out of time and money here and really really need to sell the house. The people liked it and were going to the mortgage banker to see if they could finance the sale! However, they couldn't get there, for some reason on Friday so now will go today. The real estate agent wants me to sign on for another two months and I don't want to. He had his chance during the beautiful months of the summertime when my gardens were gorgeous--and never brought me an offer, not even one little low offer--nothing! So he's done listing my house, as far as I'm concerned.

He has been badgering me, using these "interested" people as a reason why I must sign on with him again. I'm telling him, "Well, if they are so interested, then bring me their offer to buy the house!" Of course they haven't been to see the mortgage banker yet, so that's part of it. But it seems like that will only happen if I sign on for another two months and I'm so not doing that! So it's a stalemate. The guy actually came over to my house at 10:00 at Saturday to knock on the doors. I had been up all night with my leg and wasn't even dressed yet, had just taken a bath. So I didn't open the door. He drove around to the back and pounded on that door, which I also ignored. I was aware that he has a lockbox with my key in it and could, actually, get into the house. But I figured he didn't dare. Shortly after that I got dressed and called a few people.

Soon I had another real estate agent willing to come to look at the house. We set an appointment for Sunday. One of the first things he asked was, "What's wrong with the house?" and after some questioning back and forth I found out the my house is listed incorrectly in the MLS (realtor listings) as having been on the market SINCE JANUARY 2006! Yikes, no wonder agents were not interested in my house, they were thinking something was seriously wrong for it to be up for sale for that long.

Not only that, but it showed the house inspection I had done (before buying it) in June 2006 and that the sale fell through after the inspection! Which is as much as saying that the house failed the inspection! I am SO mad at that guy, he's the same guy that I bought the house from. He did not register in the listings when I bought the house, and he's since changed companies. My new realtor said that his old company would get a fine for that if they tried to change it now, so probably would refuse to correct the listing.

I'm hopping mad and my former realtor had better not stalk me to sign on with him again. And I want his lockbox and sign gone by today, too. I had to tell the new realtor that this former agent DOES have someone going to the mortgage banker today (or so he claims) so it's possible I might have an offer from him and his buyer. So then the sale money would still go to him, which is fair.

I did sign with the new guy and his company. They do great advertising! I had called his company before, between the two listings I did with my former realtor, but nobody in the company was interested in trying to sell my house. Now I know why! They thought it was an overpriced, junk house that had failed inspection and been on the market for a year and a half. It really broke my heart when the realtor showed me all the houses in my area and price range that had sold since May of this year. There were a lot of houses that were sold, even in a "slow market" and one of them could have been mine.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Oh that would have made me so mad!!!!!!

I'm glad you didn't list with him again. Good luck with this new agent, I hope he does much better than the last guy.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

That is terrible! (except for my birthday party ...tee hee)

I really hope that the estate agent (that is what we call them over here) works in your favour and the house gest sold soon.

12:25 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

We had a similar nightmare when we were trying to sell our other house. One agent moved out of town and never told us she was no longer representing us. The next one listed our house in MLS way higher than the price we were asking. Finally we found a good one and our house sold in about three months.

I'm glad you didn't resign with that guy, sounds like he was just baiting you. If he bugs you, call his broker and the state realtor assoc and file a complaint about him.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

ARGH. Realtors....

I had a terrible experience with the last one I dealt with. I wonder if there are more bad ones than good sometimes....

3:16 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That's awful, PBS! I would've been SO pissed!

Glad you're getting someone you like now! :)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

First off at least this Realtor you have signed with was savvy enough to find out "what's wrong with your house". Now you know what the problem was so that says he is at least on the ball.

You surely deserve a bit of luck after all you've already been through. Maybe there is a reason why selling your house has been delayed for so long....just saying.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Oh man what an ass the old realtor was.
He should be paying you for not sueing him.
I hope this new guy can save you any more grief and sell your house.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home