Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween! Sorry that I haven't been on here for so long, it's been a hectic, busy time both at home and at work. My younger brother came to visit last weekend. He brought chicken and noodles, a common dish in Indiana, he said. It was simple and plain and really good. I brought the fixings for sandwiches: fresh bread buns, cream cheese, smoked turkey and wild salmon (which I get at a discount in the building I work and keep around home to feed guests)garden lettuce, tomatoes and green peppers. We all ate well! He and I nearly got into it, though. We've had a rocky relationship but it's been good for the past two years until last weekend. He was just itching for a fight and criticizing my son, my work problems (which Mom had told him), my flooding problems and even how I do Sudoku! I held my tongue, which I'm getting much better at, through practice at work!

Only my friends have noticed that I've lost 34 pounds. Nobody in the family or at work has said a word, even though I'm 3 sizes smaller on the top and 2 sizes smaller on the bottom (wish it were the opposite, but any smaller is good!)

The kids are coming up late on Thursday, to stay until Saturday or Sunday to help on the basement. It's a lot of work. We got the bathroom and the bedroom door hung, flooring laid in the bathroom but there's still the huge job of cutting sheetrock to fit ALL the walls, which were cut up a foot or more.

At work I'm very busy transcribing hour-long pod casts, shipping all sorts of stuff and anything else they throw at me. I survived another near hit. But a higher up woman (but then, everyone there is higher up than I am) was fired. I didn't like her, but they did it in a very cruel manner and even had a pizza party the day after to celebrate her demise. I couldn't eat any...Favorite Co-worker isn't speaking to me again, which doesn't bode well as she has BZ's ear and is her little pet.

Anton, Amanda and I went on the Haunted Ship Tour again this year. It was really fun, I liked Dracula jumping out of his coffin the best, but the kitchen scene with meat cleavers and body parts was good, too. I actually got scared when (in the dark hallway) a masked figure leaned over and spoke low into my ear! For some reason it was more scary than the jumping out or screaming.

What are YOUR Halloween plans? Hope you have fun! I may not be around much for the next few weeks, either. Sorry about that. I do enjoy reading your blogs and miss you all!

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh yes, that masked figure whispering in my ear would've been MUCh scarier than someone jumping out and screaming! I think because they've gotten so dangerously close to you and you didn't even know it!!! YIKES!!!

34 pounds? Oh my God...that is AWESOME! I wish I could lose twenty pounds...that would make me SO happy!!!

And that's just mean that they had that pizza party at work...I mean, even if she was hated, that's just wrong.

Our Halloween? We're not doing anything special...just trying to keep the local neighborhood hooligans from doing too much damage to Palace Peanut!

Well, we'll be here when you get back...it's COMPLETELY understandable that you have your hands pretty full right now...plus with the holidays coming up, it'll be that much busier!

Take care and good luck with the rest of the basement! :)

7:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's so nice to read one of your posts again. I always miss you when you're gone, but it's completely understandable that you've had so much to do.

And 34 pounds? Wow! Way to go! That's incredible. I think I would be able to miss anyone I knew losing 34 pounds, but maybe it has more to do with them seeing you every day and not noticing a gradual change. Then there are those people that feel like they'll be insulting if they mention weight loss. As if!

I'm glad to hear that the basement is coming along, even if it's been so much work. It probably doesn't feel like it, but you've done a amazing amount of work in a short period of time.

We don't have any plans for Halloween. Maybe if Matt doesn't have to work late tonight we'll go to dinner. That would be nice for us. But since we don't have kids Halloween isn't as exciting. Also, at this job they don't let people dress up, but they are having snacks and beverages later today. I'm certainly looking forward to a little socializing and fun. :)

I hope you have a good week!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

You've had so very much on your plate. Poor girl. Hey 34 pounds is inCREDible! I'm facing a huge diet soon but I need to sort out with my doctor which would be the better foods to avoid. I have a high blood pressure, heart condition AND triglyceride problem. Oy.

I'm glad things are getting back in shape with your home. It takes time after such a devastating backup like that.

Your relationship with brother sounds wayy too familiar to me as I have a sister who is ... well, NOT my favorite individual. I can't do ANYthing right around her.
Good for you to be able to hold your tongue. That is a skill I don't know I would ever perfect.

Take good care and post as you can.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Good to hear from you again. Be well.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

It's wonderful to hear from you, I've missed you. I'm glad your absence has been because you have been so busy and not because there have been more disasters in your life.

Happy Halloween to you. It's funny that I can go on really terrifying rides that turn you upside down, go crashing towards earth at frightening speeds and just generally mess with your sense of gravity, but the thought of that Haunted Ship Tour makes my blood run cold. Shudder......


You take care and we will be here whenever you can make it back.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

I'm so glad to see you back, even every now and then.

Wow! 34 pounds...I'm so freaking jealous. That is just about what I want to lose.

Take care of yourself and don't let them get to you. I totally understand.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I went ONCE to a halloween scare pit and I surprised myself and everyone with me by being a total freak chicken shit. I mean...I pride myself on my coolness and there I was shrieking and hollering....

How embarrassing.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

34 pounds! Good for YOU!!

Welcome back, PB. We've all been wondering about you. Glad all is well ... or at least moving in that direction.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

34 pounds, OMG! Hope all goes well with the basement. Take care xx

1:56 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Good that you're back; still balancing a lot though. take care of yourself.

7:00 PM  
Blogger dan said...

first halloween now bonfire night (guy fawkes night). call me miserable, i hate them both.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy halloween..and hope to see you back regularly. no halloween here...boring eh? oh well...

6:37 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Glad to hear of all the progress.

1:45 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

you have been on my mind so much recently, I was worried that I was loosing touch with you and we have been blogging for so long. I am sorry that you are having so many bad problems. It must be so easy for your borther to criticize, but it is so wrong. People who readily critizise do not readily offer to help out.
I really really hope that things settle soon.
I will not even comment on that evil, bitchy, pizza party...

please keep in touch

2:56 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Great news on loosing 34 pounds!!!
I know its hard loosing weight.

To bad they didn't choke on the pizza but one day someone will be having a slice at thier expense.

Tell you what you come smack my brother and I'll come over and smack yours.

Good luck with the basement, a couple of years ago I went to the basement washroom to find a foot of water and it was a pain to deal with.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a nice weekend!!!

11:36 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Just thinking of you lately. Hoping all is going okay for you. Miss ya!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

I hope you got the flood mess all taken care of and you are today settling in to have a Happy Thanksgiving

11:03 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and missing your posts. Hope everything is ok.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home