Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's a nibble! But not on the lasagne

My feeling on Sunday was correct, if premature. The people who spontaneously toured my house liked it! The husband is very picky and has seen lots of houses but really liked this one. The wife, although she wants to live in town, liked the house but wasn't as enthusiastic about it as her mate. It's right up at the top of their pre-approved amount and they're afraid that they can't afford it. Well, if they can't afford it with two incomes, try doing it on one income and also doing all the cleaning, maintenance and yard work myself with no help.

The realtor called me last night and talked about these potential buyers. He was feeling me out, of course, on two issues: how low would I go in price, and how soon could we do the closing (the people need to buy/move right away). I told him that I would go as low as the break-even point, which he said depends on some negociable items like whether or not I would pay the closing costs, etc. But I wouldn't be selling my dream house if I didn't have to do it. And the two (huge) mortgage payments for the month of July are looming now. I got in trouble at the bank last month, so you bet I'll negociate! I didn't tell him all of THAT, of course, just the first part of dropping to the break-even point, if necessary.

As for taking possession of the house, I would be out of here by this coming weekend if I had to do it. I would hope that it wouldn't be quite that fast. The quickest turn-around time I ever had with all of my house buying and selling was three weeks--and it went very quickly! It's hard to pack and move and totally clean the house in that time. Not to mention, find a new place to live.

The realtor told me that they all sat on my couch and chair and got the feel of the place while they talked. Remember that I had lasagne in the oven when they came? So they wondered if I would miss a couple of pieces--if they helped themselves to my delicious-smelling dinner! (They didn't, of course. The lasagne was intact when I got back home from the birthday party.) I had accidently left the police radio turned on, which was right next to the couch. The potential buyers loved how light the house is (me too--one of the many things I fell in love with) because of all the windows and the skylights. Anyway, I kind of like these people even though I've never met them! Because they liked my house, my dream baby.

The house was what VMan and I had the fight over when I broke up with him because he had walked around only finding fault with it. It's like criticizing someone's baby! You just don't do that. He called me on Sunday, too, so it was a busy day. He invited me to the farm to see his new little ducks on the pond he dug a few years ago. But I couldn't go, it's too far and I'm low on gas in the car and trying to stretch it to this weekend. (Although I may go to see my son--but I didn't tell VMan that.)

Please say a prayer for me that these nice people will want and can afford my house! Thanks.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'll be praying...

6:03 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I just said a little prayer for you. I really hope it all works out.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Saying a little prayer for you...but it sounds like they really like the place! :)

2:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! I hope it all works out without having to go too low on price. Maybe you'll even be able to get that apartment that opened up if you haven't released it yet!

9:12 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Hope so! Just sad that you have to leave it...since you'd found what you were looking for.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home