Monday, June 11, 2007

A good weekend

It feels like a long time since I've been to work, but it's only been since last Thursday. What a nice, long weekend! Hope yours was too. I went to the 101 Class at church at 9:30 and then to the regular service at 11:00. They had a picnic after, too, but I had forgotten about that and not packed or brought a lunch. Well, actually I hadn't really forgotten about the picnic--I just thought it was next week. Hard to believe that yesterday was June 10th already! I came home and didn't have a lunch but had an early dinner of half a turkey sandwich at 4:00. (It was half of a sandwich--not half of a turkey!)

Good thing I'd had a smallish dinner, as Anton and Amanda called to go out for dinner! First, I was going to go over there to see their new apartment, but then we decided that they ought to see my house before I sold it. So they came over and exclaimed over the house, which was kind of hard to hear. Yes, it was and still is my dream house. My overly expensive dream house. Then we all piled in A&A's car and we went to A and Dubs. It's a drive in, where in the summertime you can still pull up to a place in the parking lot, read a menu and have food brought out to you. But we decided to go in. So I ate again around 7:30 or so and later after 10:00 p.m. paid for it by feeling sick. I think it was just because I hadn't had that greasy type of food for awhile (but it was delicious, and cheap!) But all is OK this morning.

My Mom and I are going to a book launch and signing tonight at a very cool independent bookstore, J.W. Beecroft Books & Coffee. http://jwbeecroft.booksense.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp The book is "Storm Codes" and I know the author as a sort of friend of a friend thing. It should be fun and my Mom will enjoy getting out an extra time this week!

6 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

I used to have an iron clad stomach. I miss that stomach.

If I eat anything even slightly greasy, I pay in full. But...ah...I did so used to love those lovely drippy burgers....

8:38 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Glad you had some fun. The book fest sounds exciting.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

I have the same problem when eating fried foods these days..I just get so sick to my stomach. I guess it's our bodies telling us..Don't eat that!

Glad you had a nice long weekend. I wish we could work 4 day work weeks every week. I think 4-10 hour days would be ideal, then you would have a 3 day weekend every week!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you have fun at the bookstore. It definitely looks cool compared to the bigger chains!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

We don't have 'drive in' eateries like that over here in New Zealand (makes me wonder if there's a market for it during the summer though, could be a new business opportunity for me, hm lol)

I've read so many books this year, I'm loving that I've rediscovered reading again. Hope you had a nice evening at the book launch :)

4:15 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Independent bookstores---I love them, and they need our support. Unfortunately for me, I also love the big,got-everything bookstores. I have to alternate my spending sprees.

I wish you could figure out a way to stay in your house. :)

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home