Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Spic and Span

Big surprise, I'm grumpy about work. The temp that we hired (I call her that, only so you will know who I'm talking about) called in sick for yesterday and in advance for today. Her child is sick, which is difficult and upsetting and I know that she's not exactly having a great time at home. I would be totally sympathetic except for one thing, she left a whole lot of work undone. I left her work sit yesterday because I had enough of my own.

BZ was supposed to go on a trip and didn't and is crabby as can be. She went on a rampage and threw away my perfectly good yogurt, the soy milk I use for my coffee, the buns and cream cheese I brought for former-temp's lunch from the refrigerator. None of that stuff was spoiled or bad. She is having a "cleaning" meeting this week. Basically even though we are up to our necks in work, she wants the office totally in order and spic and span. All of that because she couldn't find the Kleenex! Putting away supplies is totally the former-temp's job, so I don't know why I'm being drawn into the cleaning crew. Only certain people are, the former-temp, me and the IT guy who asked for a raise. Other staff members have been invited to the meeting, though, so they can tell us targeted people how and what to clean! Oh joy! There has always been a class/caste system at work, even though there's all this talk about being "a team".

Yesterday BZ was demanding this and that, I had to make a difficult call to a vendor, then stop what I was doing and compile an extensive list, and then another list for her. She took a privilege away from me and made me give it to an obnoxious, trouble-making co-worker. I was busy all day yesterday and even worked late. I can't work late tonight because I have a church outreach thing after work. Yesterday I started work at 7:00 and worked late with no breaks or lunch break. Today I'm going not get to work that early! With so much to look forward to, ha ha.

Today, since the former-temp is still out, I will have to do her undone work. I'm a bit resentful. Nobody does any of my work when I'm gone, yet I'm always expected to step in and do her work. She has piles of it from Monday, when she took many breaks and left early, and generally spent a lot of time talking to people and doing personal stuff on the computer. Her work just sat there and now I have to do it.

Yes, I'm really grumpy about work today. At least I came home last night and mowed the lawn again. They are showing the house again on Thursday so I want it all to be spic and span (oh how I hate those words!) Have a great day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Denny Shane said...

I won't go into what I did last night. I would words.... "nothing" and I did the word "nothing" yet? ;)

1:45 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Sooo sorry for what they put on you because of a twit that fritters away her time while she's there. If it were me...I'd just see to it that she still has some when she returns. It needs to fall on her more. It isn't feasible that you'd have to do your job and complete hers too. Otherwise they wouldn't need her would they?

5:24 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It's always interesting to be brought up to date on good, old BZ.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home