Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Waiting

There was another house showing yesterday morning while I was at work. And again, no word, not a peep about what went on during the showing. I'm dying to know, did they not like the house? Did they like it but it was too expensive? Too big? Too small? Did they not like the bathrooms, the kitchen, the bedrooms? I'd really like to know but there's only this great silence about it--just like all of the other showings and the two open houses. Maybe the people didn't show up for it, I don't know what happened.

A hard-to-get apartment that I had applied for in May has come open. But I can't take it now, without even an offer on the house yet. Waiting, waiting. My ex co-worker friend had her house on the market FOR A YEAR and didn't sell it! That was during the real estate boom, too. So I might have a long wait to sell mine.

Houses over here don't sell as well as they do across the bridge in the state that I work in. That the taxes here are so high is part of the reason. People also are reluctant to change their personal things, like driver's license, car title, income tax withholding and all to another state. They'd rather just stay put within the same state. Can't see that I blame them but this area is nice for living, too, not as crowded as over there in the bigger city. As an artist at a coffee house in THIS city said to attract people to the coffee house, "It's just a bridge, get over it!"

7 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

This moving home thing is a pain. I'm having similar experiences myself, mostly dealing with time-wasters, or carpet treaders as I like to call them.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I once got a comment, "The master bedroom is not too small," and that was it. Thanks for the information but what did you not like?

Lately though I've received no comments. Three people looked at my house on Saturday and not a peep. My realtor said there's one possibility from the open house on Sunday, but I haven't heard anything more.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Denny Shane said...

I know it can be a pain. You're asking all the same questions all home sellers ask. It'll sell, it will. ;)

12:28 PM  
Blogger deni said...

I'm sorry you haven't sold your house as quickly as you wanted, an offer will come, I am sure your house will be perfect for someone.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Hold on---hold on---hold on YEAH!!! I was going to comfort you, but it turned into a song.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

It's so difficult to open your home to people who are, in essence, inspecting it. You just want everyone to love what you love and enthuse about your decor. Not getting any feedback at all must be tough!

12:41 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

I guess it is time for patience...you are sort of forced into it.

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home