Saturday, March 31, 2007

History Day and the day before the moving

Ugh, it's Saturday but I'm up early and getting ready to leave the house. Saturday is normally when I get my Mom and we hang out for a few hours. That's MUCH later than now, though, usually around noon.

I still have plenty to say (!) on the blog, but not much time or energy to do it. Thursday I worked a 14-hour day again. I've also been spending as much of my "free" time with my son as possible because he's moving away tomorrow.

I didn't mention it before, but it will be a double loss. He's also taking our little dog with him. Technically she's my dog, but when I first got her (six years ago) I was working two FT jobs and didn't really have much time for a puppy. So I would drop her off at my son's place and pick her up on my way home to crash and sleep for two hours. She didn't get a lot of attention from me, at first, and although she loves me dearly, of course, she's always considered herself my son's dog. And it would just break her little heart if he left her. So the last couple of days has been a flurry of taking her to the vet to get current on everything. We had to bring her twice because they could only give her three shots at a time, poor thing. We brought her back in last night for the kennel cough one. I'm not really sure how I'm going to cope with this double-loss. Guess I'll find out soon!

Today I'm judging Junior Exhibits for the once-a-year Northeast Regional History Day competition. I've done it for six years now. So I'll have to leave home in time to drive up there, find parking and where the competition is located. I wish it was for next weekend instead, when my son has already moved, my little dog is gone and I probably could use the distraction, but oh well. It's just once a year and is a fun event.

I love seeing the exhibits and talking to the kids. The kids are so knowledgeable and passionate about their subject--I always learn something. The topic for 2007 is "Triumph & Tragedy" and I bet there will be some interesting interpretations of that! Have a great day!

7 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You have a great day too. It will take your mind off things.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

You know...sometimes it is the anticipation of a hard day that is almost worse than the day itself...

So...relax. Enjoy. And know that you will see your son (and your little dog too!) soon.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Awww, I feel bad that the puppy will be going with your son...but it sounds like she'd really miss him a lot if they were seperated!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I am sorry that I have not been around much lately. I have read back and I can understand how you difficult you must be feeling about your son's move. Look after your self, I will be thinking about you

2:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Look on the brightside. You'll have more time with that man of your dreams since you'll be getting more sleep soon (hopefully).

3:53 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Best luck to your son---and bettr times for you too, I hope. The History Day sounds so interesting if ill-timed.

9:45 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

So sorry about the dog. Perhaps you could get another one. I know you have your other babies...but a small dog could help a lot.

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home