Friday, February 09, 2007

Why Girls Don't Drink Beer

Well, we went out after work last night and I drank beer, a whole lot of it. It was fun and I had a blast but I bet I drank a million-billion calories. This morning it seems like I have gained weight. This is terrible, a horror, because as you know, I'm not exactly skinny to begin with, yikes! I'm a fat chick who drinks beer.

I really need to find a less-caloric drink. Most of my woman co-workers, who are thin, drink a glass of wine or two, sometimes a couple of martinis, but I don't like those. Like the little boy in "King of the Hill" I like beer! I think it has something to do with growing up with brothers and hanging out with guys much of my young adult life. But this going out and drinking all those liquid calories is taking a toll on me, despite the fact I'm pretty careful of how much I eat.

Well, the options would be:

1. Quit going out so much. Nah, I don't like that option.
2. Switch to a lighter beer. Maybe, but I don't like them as well, yuck.
3. Drink fewer beers. That could be an option, not a great one.
4. Switch to another drink. Hmmm, better choice, but which drink?

I may try door #4 next time and switch to whiskey-cokes. The caffiene would be good and I like whiskey quite well (see, you can really tell I've hung out too much with the guys!)

But I'm interested in your experiences with this dilemma! Here's a poll: which option (1-4) would be the best for me? Any personal stories or reflections as inspiration?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care for beer, particularly American beers that I like to call "piss water." However, there's nothing at all bad about a vodka tonic--I've drank gallons of them...to no ill affect. Heh.

What I drink when I rarely drink now is Jamesons--straight. You're drinking straight whiskey so, it's not like it'll creep up on you. You're hitting it pretty hard and when I'm drinking, even the boys are impressed : )

6:42 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I like beer...but I like rum better!

I usually drink my rum with diet coke...but I never mix them together. I do shots of rum and chase it with the diet coke.

Still, rum has about a million-billion calories too, I guess...because my hips aren't getting any smaller, that's for sure!!!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Hmm, tough one. I personally love my beer! I do prefer the really good ones but I've gotten used to drinking Michelob Ultra, you might try it. As for a less calorie drink my all-time favorite is a chilton. It is vodka with lots of lemon juice and club soda. Served on ice with a salted rim. It is delish and very low in calories.

I would be careful if you choose the tonic, I've heard it is WAY high in calories.

Or, you could do I what I do..just skip dinner and drink it instead! Oops, my alcoholism is coming out...

10:07 AM  
Blogger katie said...

I really like beer. I say switch to a lighter beer. If you really do need another drink I'm a big fan of vodka and Ice tea.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Frederick said...

Jager Bomb. Thank me in the morning.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I say number 4 and don't give up on martinis. Apple martinis are a gift from the gods.

I had hot sake tonight at a Japanese restaurant and it went down nicely, nicely.

I can't help it....I hate beer. I used to buy it sometimes, though....as a cream rinse for my hair! I'm dead on serious. It works great. You pour a can of beer over your head after shampooing, wait a minute and rinse. The result is really shiny hair.

Now, I am going to get that martini.

9:07 PM  
Blogger magicfingers said...

I am not a drinker. Can't stand the taste of any of it. And yes, I've tried that one too. The chilton sounds like an old fashion "salty dog". I got wasted on those one night. I have been intoxicated 2 times in my whole life and I did them both on purchase. I was just curious. Not worth the trouble if you ask me. But when my husband got himself a "beer belly" as we call it, he switched from Coors to Coors Light.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

Your beer is I think what we called larger. I have durnk this but it is not my first choice... mainly because I goes straight through me.(sorry TMI)
I like wine and martinis and whiskey so I would try #4

10:34 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Well as an Aussie....we love beer!
However i only like certain kinds...usually boutique beers that cost the earth! I'd go with #4

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home