Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I gotta have heart(s)

It's Valentine's Day tomorrow, my very favorite day! I don't have a valentine this year but that won't stop me from enjoying the day. I like it as well as and maybe even better than my birthday. Normally I take my birthday off from work but not Valentine's Day. Tomorrow I have a workshop at the nearby college for the entire day. It sounds interesting, and is paid for by my work, so that will be my Valentine's Day present. I also was looking at some furry heart pillows but am going to wait until after to see if they go on sale. The last time I did that the Valentine's Day stuff just disappeared off the shelves. I think they sent it all back or somthing. I did score some coffee mugs with hearts on them one year, though, in the aftermath sales.

Anyone who knows me well at all knows that I love hearts. Or I could (and have) said I "heart" hearts! Like some people collect salt and pepper shakers, or penguins, or ducks or bears, I like hearts. My friends used to buy me things with hearts on them until I moved to the itsy bitsy little county house and there was no room. I got rid of my collection of heart boxes, velvet ones, satin ones, boxes with ribbons. Now I wish I'd kept them. I still have the wooden heart wagon that SLA made for me, piled high with movies, and two heart jewelry boxes. Oh, and a red heart pillow on the living room couch, and a fabric heart picture frame. So I still have some hearts! What sort of things do you like to collect?

7 Comments:

Blogger Walker said...

I get the impression by this post that there might be the possibilty of you liking hearts.
Just an observation.

What do I collect?
I got 900 movies so I guess I collect them I collect boxes. I have all sorts from around the world people have brought me or I have picked up myself.

I collect friends, one of my better collections. :)

Have a nice day

8:11 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Hmm, what do I collect? Well shot glasses from places we go. I've also started a new thing of collecting vintage looking maps from places we travel to. I guess that's really it.

I "heart" hearts myself and tons of my jewelry are heart related. That is why I'm a huge Brighton fan. If you haven't seen their stuff you must go look. www.brighton.com. Their trademark is the heart.

8:31 AM  
Blogger deni said...

I collect salt and pepper shakers, but I like vintage ones in different characters, which I usually find for pretty cheap at flea markets and antique shops.

I also love Teddy Bears, hubby bought me a beautiful big Boyd's bear for Christmas.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodnesses! Happy Valentine's Day, then ; )

12:56 PM  
Blogger katie said...

I'm such a pack rat that I guess I just collect "stuff" in general. I hope you enjoy your workshop!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I collect nothing. My mother was a collector and it made me a non-collector after she died and we had all these little glass dogs and no idea what to do with them....

And Bing and I exchange cards on Valentines Day. That's it. You guessed it: romance runs rampant in our house! Actually, we both are just non romantics, in general. I am probably the only one person I know who actually forgot my own anniversary!

7:56 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

I collect dust! Hope you enjoy your heart day.

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home