Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ahhhhhhh

My coffee pot worked this morning and I am happy. Turns out that the workshop yesterday did have some coffee in the classroom and it was decent. Good thing, as I had run out of time to zip by McD's and get some. Just as well, because I do love their breakfasts and haven't had one in ages, since last year, ha ha. It would have been very tempting.

I want to go back to school! That class was so fun. At first it seemed like the instructor really didn't like me (and I'm sensitive, or over-sensitive to things like that). I thought that because we were having a discussion and many people were asking questions, I had a question so I asked it. The instructor sort of went off on my question and almost scolded me, yikes! It wasn't a bad question, just about in-kind donations, and I didn't ask it in a smart-ass way either. But I jumped right back into the discussion and it seemed as the day went on that he had dropped his "thing" against me. That was good because I had to go up to him after class and ask his permission to use some of his materials for work! I hope he was flattered.

It would be so fun to go back to school and learn more stuff. I actually (as mentioned above) took part in all of the discussions and spoke out in the group. Normally I'm very quiet in large groups. I've found that it's much easier to speak out in a group of strangers. For our work meetings I feel either judged harshly or ignored when I say anything, so usually, I don't. I'm the one taking meeting minutes and it's hard to come up with things to say when you are quickly writing down everything that everyone else is saying.

I met most of the people in the class yesterday, and what a bunch of interesting people! I'd like to stay in contact with some of them but they went on to another class today and tomorrow while I just had the one. But I'm so glad I could go. It reminded me how much I enjoy going to school. The problem has always been what type of study to take up.

So to borrow an idea from our valentine, Mr. Happy and Blue2, here are two questions:

1. Would you like to go back to school?
2. Do you speak out in groups?

7 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Do I want to go back to school? No, not really. I did that already and now I'm satisfied with my degree. I would like to take a class or two just for fun though. I just don't want to go through the stress and hassle of tests and studying and reading.

Do I speak in large groups...yes I do. Unfortunately I'm a talker. I wish I could just sit back and let other do the talking for me but it's just not in me to do that.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

1. No
2. Depends on how much I've had to drink!

I love McDonald's breakfasts too. Breakfast food is the best food of all!

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) Not h.s. but I'd love to have someone fund me to be a "career academic."

2) I defy you to find a time when I'm quiet : )

11:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean about thinking the instructor didn't like you. I feel that way sometimes and just attribute it to being paranoid.

1) Yes, but I'm not sure if I want to go back for a degree. I took a couple of classes last year and they were fun. But it was difficult to motivate myself to go some nights.

2) I'm usually quiet until I get a sense of the group. I think sometimes I've been quiet so long that by the time I start talking I can't stop.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

1. I've often thought about going back to school. I was thinking about studying paediatric nursing there at one stage, but I doubt I'll do anything about that now. I'm not sure I'm strong enough to see all those kiddies in pain :(
Besides, I don't know if I've got the patience to get back into the habit of studying...afterall it's been, like, um, 24 years now! Whoa.

2. If I know the subject well, then yes, I certainly speak up in groups. It's always good for everyone to participate I reckon, gives a whole lot of different perspectives on any subject. If I don't know the subject, I shut my mouth lol

12:43 PM  
Blogger katie said...

I would love to go back to school, its just a matter of finding the money for a masters.
As for large groups, it really depends on the subject. If I feel I know enough about it, or if I have a question, I do speak up.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Sadly i have never left school LOL. And, yes, i always speak out...too much!

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home