Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Like Water for Coffee

Happy Valentine's Day to all! Even to those grumps who think the day is a "manufactured" holiday. Aren't they all? Even Christmas, one of our most sacred holidays, is believed to not be the true date of Jesus' birth. Even our months and days are "manufactured," that is, man made. A real month would be one moon cycle, or 28 days. So then only February qualifies as a natural month, and only in non-leap years. Since lack of enthusiasm irritates me, I could go on and on about how some people think looking bored and having no enthusiasm is being cool, sophisicated or grown up. They may be grown ups, but awfully dull and boring ones, I'd say. But, enough of that.

I got up an hour later than normal, it was sweet. It would have been sweeter if I hadn't gotten to bed so late, though, still got only 4 or 5 hours of sleep, like usual. I didn't plug in the jeep and have now found out that it's -10F, so I might be taking the bus to the workshop. Hope not.

My coffee pot made two bad pots of coffee this morning. Even though it's fairly new, I think it's broken. The first pot was like water, so I thought I hadn't counted the spoons of coffee to put in it right. Pot two was even worse and I KNOW I counted the spoons right! AUUUGGHHH. And all of that coffee wasted because it's undrinkable.

It's a bad day to start off with no coffee, as I'm not going in to work (where there is coffee) but to the workshop at the nearby university. I might do a drive through McD's to get some of their coffee. It's really very good, have you tried it? Normally I try to stay away from that place and have done that successfully for quite a while now.

I worked late last night to make up for the fact that I'll be gone all day today. Well, it won't really make up for it, but at least I got a couple more things done that couldn't wait until tomorrow. And wasn't I not going to rant about stuff that irritates me anymore (the first paragraph) oh well, too late. Have a wonderful, exciting, happy, Valentine's Day!

8 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Well, I'm not a huge fan of V-Day but HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to you, PBS! :)

It truly SUCKS that you didn't have coffee this morning...I HATE mornings that start out that way. Thank God I live about a block from a Circle K store!!!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too! I'm a fan of all holidays so I guess that means I'm not dull right?

1:06 PM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

I absolutely loved you describing your lie in this morning as "sweet". So Dude, Where's My Car? or, Hey Man, Wo ist meine Auto? as they call it here in Switz! It made me smile!

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How weird the coffee pot isn't making coffee???!

I love McDo's coffee and hate everything else they have...I'll stop there just for the coffee : )

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day

2:26 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I hope your enjoying Valentines Day..Have you had your chocolate yet? :)

6:12 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I would have kicked that coffee pot down the stairs. I HAVE to have my java fix or I am not fit to be anyone's valentine.

Hope your day is interesting.....

7:44 PM  
Blogger magicfingers said...

Happy Heart day to you. As I mentioned before I collect several things. Nothing on a grand scale. I love butterflies, i collect clowns, mask, I have quite an assortment of rabbits feet some colored and some plain. I also pick up (collect I guess) strange and unique things. I found a beautiful red heart shaped bottle at a second hand store and inside the bottle on a rolled up piece of paper are the words to Jim Croce's Time in a bottle. Now how could I not buy this.(my husband sure wants to know :)I have several small unique looking jewelery boxes. Bought then just cause.
I To me it doesn't matter when (the people) think Jesus was born, it just matters that he was and we acknowlege his life and death. Just like I believe all religions are good. I don't think there is one true religion. If you were raised Muslim, in your heart you are right. In my heart I am right. In catholics heart they are right. You see. It isn't how you believe it is just that you do believe in your God and his love for you. Can I get an Amen.........

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home