Friday, January 05, 2007

A pond with no ripples

Yesterday was another nice day of ramen noodles and half a can of cola. Geez you'd think I'd be losing weight, I feel so light that I could almost float away. But not. I'm still just as in need of weight reduction as before. The strangest part is how my head feels after so little caffeine for several days. There's this weird smooth, flat feeling, sort of like a pond with no ripples! OK, that was kinda funny but it's hard to describe how your head feels physically inside! Maybe I sort of like this new, calm feeling....

I think it was Katie who said we have ten days to come up with resolutions! I've decided not to do resolutions but life change senarios.

Location: There would be a choice of three: in the country, in a studio apartment in town, or here.

Salon: I've long had this dream of having a salon. Not the hair-do kind but the type where many different kinds of people come and have intelligent conversations. That would work well in this house, especially now that I have some furniture in the living room.

Living off the land: Yes, even though the hippies were a bit older than me, I was a wanna-be and still have my generation's dream of living off the land. I was closer to actually doing that while living in the country. As I mentioned before, I'm sort of regretting selling that land and little house. The carrying water detail was tough but I actually enjoyed living there. The house was just too small for two. I should have not allowed my son to come back home and things would have worked out fine. But rents are high here, as high as in Minneapolis and St. Paul but the wages are far lower and jobs hard to find. Oh well.

Studio Artist: living in a small apartment with barely any belongings. Very minimalist. Walking or busing everywhere instead of driving a car. Working part-time so I'd have more "life" left over after the work day.

Minor variations that could be used in any of the senarios would be to go back to vegetarianism or even to eating mostly raw foods. That doesn't sound good to me right now. For some odd reason the thought of eating vegetables is repulsive and normally I like them. Doing more meditation, yoga and Tai Chi. More writing, crafts and art.

Well, I think doing regular resolutions would work a lot better. They're a less dreamy more definite. Bikercandy
had some great ideas for doing resolutions that I'm borrowing without permission, sorry! To read the original, go to her December 29th post.

"...to qualify for a goal it must be SMART which means: specific, measurable, attainable, reachable and time sensitive."

Now I guess I have to re-write my resolutions....have a great day!

8 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

If I had to live off the land, I'd become a vegetarian overnight.

Not a bad idea at all...:)

6:43 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Wow, I feel so special! I definitely don't mind you borrowing it, heck I did!

I'm not sure I could do any of your things though, I'm too much of a sissy.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Some things have a romantic or idyllic appeal, but the actual experience probably wouldn't be all that grand.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I fear my sister would have the same idea as Stacy...she'd be a vegetarian just like that *snap*

My BIL said to her the other day "Next year, I'm going to pull out all the apples, and we're going to get cows...furthermore, we are going to EAT them" She was not impressed.

And neither will my BIL be in a few years time when he's trying to send them off to the slaughterhouse and my sister is hanging off each and every one of them crying. I can guarantee she'll have them all named before the end of the first week lol

That's some pretty hefty goals you've got there, I admire you for writing them down and working towards them. I like the idea of living off the land...but I'm far too lazy to be tending it lol

3:24 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

How very interesting, i like all 3, each have their benefits :o)

Get Well soon :o)

10:47 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Hhope you are feeling better...you must be having some killer dreams.

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're still not well. I love your ideas, I've always had a thing about living off the land too but as I can't keep plants alive & my cooking pretty much sucks I'm not sure I'd do to well!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

I have given up resolutions mostly because they are no different from expectations and we all hate those.
If you want to loosxze weight you have to do it and not think about loosing the extra pounds.
The more i tried the morfe i failed.
When I decided on my lifestyle change I just kept up qith that and one day when I got on the scale I was 70 pounds down.
Shocked the shit ot of me.
That was another pound.
But since I just keep up with it and still loosing.
Keep on plugging away Iknow you could do it.
I like my veggies but I love my steak.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home