Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Spirit, where are you?

"We're out of Beta. See what's new." Blogger says. I had to go to a special screen to sign into "Old Blogger." But it's still free, so that's good.

Today is the day of our big event. At work we are stressed, we are in-fighting, certain people are not talking to certain other people. I'll just be so glad when it's all over. And I received approval for Friday and all of next week OFF!!!

So it appears like I won't lose those days after all. Sometimes life is sweet. It'll be too late to go Christmas shopping next week but maybe I can squeeze in the rest of my shopping on Friday. I'm going to have to do that, and get things done and wrapped fairly early in the day because...ta ta da...my younger brother is coming to town that day. I received a phone summons from my Mom last night.

I'm getting both of my brothers smoked fish (along with a couple other things) and have been waiting until the last moment to buy the fish. It might smell funny if it sat for days under the tree, ha ha!

Speaking of TREE: my Mom is thrilled and going on and on about how her neighbor got her a tree and is just like a daughter to her (grrrrr!) Of course this is the very same Mom who had been telling her REAL children over and over that she didn't want a tree this year, no room in the apartment, too much mess, etc. But the neighbor is very nice to do that. Maybe she'd like to live with my Mom too? OK, that was kind of bad of me. Oh Christmas spirit, where are you?

I am SO looking forward to staying up late and sleeping in, and it's all coming up soon! Have a good day!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good shopping, good resting, and hey, the way I see it? Good on the neighbour! Let her do all the annoying crap your mum would expect you to do. Heh

6:59 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I hope you manage to get your shopping done, and wrapping and all that fun stuff.

Enjoy your week off.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I'm glad you got the week off. I've decided next year I'm asking for that week off myself! This working my butt off at Christmas time is for the birds.

Enjoy your time!

8:57 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Yay...good for you! And the blogger/google thing is heating up for us all.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

The whole thing smells fishy to me.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home