Monday, December 18, 2006

Closer

The weekend is gone, and I'm a step or two closer to completion of my Christmas duties. They ought to be playing the "Rocky" theme. How about you, are you done with your Christmas prep? On Saturday my Mom and I went shopping and I got an additional gift for two nephews (original was a space pen each, but that was too small, so I added on) some more wrapping paper, tape, two boxes of cards and a couple other small things.

On Sunday I went to the Lakewalk nearby where I work. I used to love walking long distances, especially by the lake. Yesterday it was a good thing I didn't go all the way to the end before turning around. The temp was only 31 degrees F, not bad for a December day but I didn't have anything on my head and still had damp hair. So by the time I'd turned around and was nearly back to where I'd parked the car (still, a distance of a couple of miles) I was feeling lightheaded and had to sit on a bench for a couple of moments and drink some water. As I was doing this, I was wishing I'd parked closer and not at the very end, near the bridge!

After all of that walking I was hungry and had an urge to eat eggs. Not the scrambled ones like I normally eat or fix but the regular type. I also didn't feel like going home yet so went to a inexpensive restaurant. Despite it being Sunday and the after-church lunch crowd, it wasn't too full. There was a booth towards the kitchen that was perfect, so I set up shop there. Card-writing and addressing shop, I mean. I had two types of cards, one serious and one funny, which gave a nice choice as to which card to send who.

Guess I'm finally getting into the Christmas spirit, as I even sent VMan a card and I haven't seen or talked to him since we moved. We moved in June, I think, so it's been quite a while with nothing but an occasional E-mail. I still have gifts to get for Mom and son but there are eight more days until Christmas, right?

Wish I could show you the funny card, it has cartoon pictures of eight reindeer:

Santa's Second String
Glancer
Dander
Glitzen
Mixen
Sneezen
Vomet
Crasher
and Wheezen

Apologies to those who normally get a card or gift from me (and you know who you are!) I just didn't get it together in time this year. There really isn't a good excuse or reason. Well, on to another work week. Have a good day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

I had a card once with a similar play of words on the Seven Dwarves...broke me up for days

11:09 PM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

I think I got that card for the folks at work two years ago. I'm glad it's starting to come together for you. I feel bad for those who feel Christmas is a burden instead of a joy.......sort of defeats the purpose.

12:33 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Wow! You really are on top of things. I bought cards this year, but I don't think I'm going to get them out in time. Oh well! Maybe I'll send out new years cards!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Tree's up. Gifts wrapped. House is tidy. (Mostly) Now if I can just make it through this month ...

5:51 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

The card sounded really cute. I think you recently did this...but like I said on my blog...you can just do it again! You're tagged to do the book meme...it will only take a moment and you always have books on hand anyway. Heh heh! Don't work too hard on getting the gifts...or you'll get sick and you'll ruin your New Years fun.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home