Thursday, December 28, 2006

The worst employee, ever

If anyone really worked like I did in one of my dreams last night, they wouldn't have made it to noon before being fired or let go. I dreamt I was a new employee working in a large pharmaceutical company in their shipping department. We had to fill orders by gathering up the drugs requested, packing them and putting on the label. You'd think that wouldn't pose much of a challenge. I chose an order off of the table, like everyone else was doing, found the prescription drug and the aspirin-type drug requested from shallow bins. They were already packaged in those little round, plastic containers but for some reason I thought these people wanted a partial bottle of the aspirin-type drug so I dumped out part of the bottle into the packaging of the box. The packaging looked like dirt, so I spent time poking down the little white pills into it, after burying the intact bottle of the prescription drug. Then I taped up the box and needed to type the address label for it.

The typewriter was sitting on the dark, unlit side of a large table and I complained about that and asked to take it to the other side. I was told to just type at the typewriter where it already was located. I had trouble seeing the address and made a typo, it was to a Mr. and Mrs. Erwin Gedney but I typed "Dedney" so had to correct the label. Then I put the label on the package and asked where to put it. A co-worker motioned to a table full of packages, so I put it there.

Then I headed back to the order table, noticed that there was only one order on it, so I slowed down to let another employee grab it first (I was not only stupid, but lazy in this dream, too!). Then, for some reason I suddenly realized the my packaging of the Gedney order had been all wrong. Mr. and Mrs. Erwin Gedney were not going to be happy with the aspirins dumped out and poked into the box filler! So I went back to the completion table and it was empty.

I asked someone where the boxes were taken and was told, "Into the break room. Do you know where that is?"

"No," I replied, "I've never been in there" which was a lie because my friend and I had sat in the break room for coffee in the morning and again to eat lunch. The co-worker motioned to the break room and I realized that it might be difficult to just take a package of drugs and ditch it! I had to open it up somehow to get the prescription bottle with the name on it. Then I decided to do another package to the Gedney's with just the aspirin in it and hope they wouldn't complain. The work day was nearly over and I had done ONE package, and that package was messed up! (in the dream) I was lazy, slow, stupid and a liar at work. What the heck does that mean?

My second dream was working in Paul McCartney's sound studio. He was interested in a woman visiting with a group, but she was married. His aggressive little manager was saying obnoxious things like, "You really should put on a sign that says 'I like you'" to Paul about her. She was very showy, the rest of us were in black suits but she was dressed in red. There was a bit more to the dream than that but I won't go into the details as they are boring because nothing really happened except we all were walking around and talking, because we were taking her group on a tour.

I'm enjoying a lovely week off from work, even though I keep dreaming about various types and places of work! Hope your holidays and week are going well!

12 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oooo...I would LOVE to have this week off!!! I SOOOO do not want to be at work today! ;)

Enjoy! :)

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's going too fast!!! I have strange dreams too! Yours made me chuckle!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

You got to stop dreaming about working on your days off. LOL

8:03 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

You do have the most bizarre dreams! You really should not be dreaming about work when you are off for a week though. I'm still trying not to be bitter about that as I sit here at work...when it's raining outside and it is such a "stay at home" day.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading peoples' dreams because I tend to have really clearly-remembered ones, too! What struck me in the pharaceutical co. dream was you mis-typed "dead" (sounds like) when "dedley." Interesting...

12:28 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Poor Mr. and Mrs. Gedney!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

PBS, you sound like you're in heaven! Never seen you so relaxed & happy....ok yes i have....when you did that police thingy...i know how much you loved that!

Glad you're family dinners etc went well....how's the tooth??

I want to know what you're eating or drinking before bed LOL

7:43 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Your dreams are the stuff of best sellers. You should write a book, girl! And you remember them in such detail!

I don't dream about work. I dream of quitting, retiring, or of beating my supervisor.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

good dreams---if I could work in someone's sound studio in my dreams, it wouldn't be Paul McCartney's though. Does Johnny Depp sing?

9:58 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Funnily enough, I've been dreaming about work too off and on. I've got two weeks off again this year, and I actually miss being there (believe it or not lol).

I think it's cos I'm always so damn nosey, I hate to think I might be missing out on something lol

Take care and have a terrific New Year's Eve, quiet or otherwise :)

1:18 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

May 2007 bring you health, happiness :) Happy New year!

9:41 AM  
Blogger BarbaraMG said...

LOL! It sure is a funny dream. At least you weren't sampling. ;)

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home