Friday, May 19, 2006

Crippled by exercise

I've been crippled by exercise! Those pilates-yoga sessions are killer, and I don't mean for muscles. My muscles aren't even sore. It's my right leg and my back. Feels like I've been thrown off the back of a speeding truck. It's not even that I overdid the exercise, after all I only did the first session not the more advanced. Thank God! It's just that it's the WRONG exercise for someone with a (formerly) injured back, although I don't know what's up with my leg, that's painful enough to limp, too. What a pain, literally, it's been to hobble the half mile UP the hill to where my car is parked, but I'll live.

There are some things I don't like about getting older--like the waning body abilities! Oh sure, there are stories about 70-year-old marathon runners, 80-year-old skiers and other admirable athletes who have aged to the point of being OLD, but are still athletic. But I, and most others my age, from looking around, aren't going to be like that by the time we hit 70 or 80! What a shame.

It's funny but most people seem to think that they always are going to be exactly how they are right now. Age proves THAT wrong. While you may feel the same inside, the outside certainly doesn't stay the same despite your best efforts!

Well, I really didn't mean to write a complaint about getting older, especially since I'd rather have that than the other choice. And I've always said that I LIKE change and get bored when things stay the same. I just wasn't thinking about this type of change. This morning I hobbled over to the computer, sat down and that's just what came out! But at least it's Friday! Happy Happy Friday to you!

10 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Have a great weekend PBS :o)

6:44 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It's interesting what happens to different people. I am thinking about blogging about my feet of all things.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I went to the Gym on Tuesday night and my back hurt on wednesday.

It is all about growing old and having fun.

I like that poem that starts ...
"When I grow old I will wear purple..."

8:31 AM  
Blogger jen said...

I keep thinking I am going to go to the gym, but then I think better of it. I am sure in a couple of years, I will regret my laziness. Good for you and have a great weekend!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

It makes me angry sometimes----I took care of that body for years, gave it everything it wanted: croissants, chocolate, sceented baths, toe rings,, a tattoo, and look how it repays me.....

10:58 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Ah, the leg pain is usually indicates a pinched nerve, most likely the sciatica, lower back pain and leg pain can be caused when the sciatica is pinched in the hip.

I have suffered from that for years and years, a chirpractor helps a lot.

12:23 PM  
Blogger katie said...

And happy friday to you as well!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

LOL
Not laughing at you, just remembering my first day at the gym.
The pain will go away, someday, at least you hope it will.
I amtrying to win the lottery to paysomeone else to work out for me.
At least you know you're trying.
Have a great weekend.

3:15 PM  
Blogger se7en said...

Live healthy, die anyway, that sucks! Where do I complain?? hehe

=)

11:37 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i've done something to my back this week, it kills every time i move, god knows what the gym would do to me...lol

my grandad used to do a walk from manchester to blackpool (not sure how far it is but I wouldn't like to do it) when he was in his 50's and he has a wooden leg...

have a great weekend...

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home